Chapter 8: Fall

~Logan's POV~
I woke up, and there was a chilly breeze coming in through my window. I got up out of bed, and closed the window. "Brr, it sure got cold." I said, and rubbed my arms. I went through my dresser, and picked out some new clothes. I put on a pair of blue jeans, and a white shirt. I ran my fingers through my hair, and walked into the kitchen. I put a set of pop-tarts in the toaster. I heard the doorbell ring, and I went to answer it. I opened the door, and it was Jade. "Hey Jade, c'mon in." I opened the door more, and she walked in. "It sure is chilly out there." she said, and her cheeks were slightly rosy. "Yeah." I agreed. My pop-tarts popped up, and Jade jumped a bit. I went in the kitchen, and grabbed them. "Want one?" I asked, offering her one of the strawberry pastries. "No, I already had breakfast this morning. Thank you, though." she said. "Alright, suit yourself." I shrugged, and took a bite. I sat down on the sofa, and she sat next to me. "So, what brings you here at 8:30 AM?" I asked her. "Well... I talked to my dad and sister the other day, and I told them about you. They said they'd like to meet you." she said. "Really?" I asked. "Yep." she nodded. "Well, that sounds nice. I'd really like to meet them too." I smiled. "Okay, but I should let you know... my dad's very strict when it comes to guys." she warned me. "That's okay." I put my arm around her shoulders. "Are you sure?" she asked. I nodded, and gave her a reassuring smile. "Okay, but you don't have to do it if you aren't ready." she said. "Trust me babe, I'll be fine." I put my arms around her waist, and pulled her closer. "Okay, as long as you're okay with it." she chuckled. "Of course I am. I mean... if they wanna meet me, then why should I keep them waiting?" I smirked. "Heh, don't be so cocky." she pulled me in by my collar, and kissed me. I kept my hands right where they were, and she wrapped her arms around my neck. I pulled Jade into my lap, and we started making out. She pulled away after I started getting a little too touchy-feely, and I felt kinda bad for trying to do that. She obviously isn't ready, and I don't know if I am either. "Uh, sorry." I backed off a little bit. "I-it's okay." she said. She got off my lap, and sat down by me. "Um... do you wanna watch a movie or something?" I asked. "Sure, what do you got?" she asked. "You can go ahead and look if you want, I'll make us some popcorn." I got up, and opened the cupboard. "My Sister's Keeper? What's that about?" she asked. "I'm not sure, I haven't watched it myself." I admitted. "Can we watch it then?" she asked. "Sure." I shrugged. She put in the movie, and after the popcorn was done, I sat down by her and we watched the movie together.