Chapter 24: First Tattoo

~Jade's POV~
I was at the tattoo parlor with Logan, and I was glad he was here with me. I was a bit scared, because this is my first tattoo. I sat there, trying to pick out which one I wanted. I saw a pretty hummingbird one, and I pointed to it. "I want that one." I said. My mum always loved hummingbirds, and we would always talk about them when I went to visit her in the hospital. "Ooh, that's a really pretty one." Logan agreed. "Alright sweetheart, did you figure out what you wanted?" a lady with sleeves on both arms asked me. "Yes, I want this one." I pointed at it. "Okay, come back here with me." she gestured for me to follow her. Logan came back with me, and I sat in a cushy chair. "Where do you want it?" she asked. "On my left shoulder." I said. "Okay." she rubbed the spot down with an alcohol pad, then just started. It stung so bad, I grabbed Logan's hand, and squeezed it as hard as I could. "Don't worry, hun. It only hurts for a little while, you'll get used to it." she told me. After awhile, it didn't hurt as much. I loosened my grip on Logan's hand, and he smiled at me. "You're doing fine babe." he said. "Yeah, you're doing better than some of the guys that come in here." she said. "Haha, really?" I looked at her. "Yes, you should see some of them. They're all crying and screaming, and some of them even tell me to stop about halfway through." she said. "What about you Logan? Why don't you get a tattoo?" I teased him. "Uh... no I'm good." he said.
After we were done at the tattoo parlor, we walked out. "How does it look?" I asked. "It looks amazing. That lady really did a good job." I said. "Can you take a picture of it for me?" I asked. "Sure." he took my phone, and took a few pictures of it. "There." he gave my phone back, and he was right. She really did do a good job. The colors were beautiful and vibrant, and it was exactly what I wanted. We got in the car, and Logan started the car. He was quiet for the whole ride, and the silence was very heavy, as if there was something he wasn't telling me. "Logan, you okay?" I asked, as he pulled up into my driveway. I didn't have a car, so he basically drove me everywhere. I gave him money for gas, and I've been saving up to buy another car. I bought myself a place, but I have yet to get a car. Oh well... I gotta take things one step at a time. "Yeah, I'm fine." he said. "Are you sure? You were uneasy for the whole car ride, and you didn't say a word." I said. "I swear, I'm fine. I'll see you later, okay?" he said. "Okay, I love you." I said, before getting out of the car. "I love you." he said, then he drove away. I just hope he's okay... there's been something off about him lately.