Chapter 20: Old Friends

~Jade's POV~
I was unpacking more of my stuff, and Sarabeth came in my room. "Hey Jay, how are you holding up?" she asked. "I'm holding up alright, I guess. What about you?" I asked. "I'm holding up fine. You miss Logan, don't you?" she asked. "Yes, a lot." I said. "Well, why don't you take a break and grab a bite to eat with me?" she took my hand. "Hm... alright." I said. I got up, and we went to the living room. "Dad, Jade and I are gonna grab a bite to eat. We should be back in an hour or so." she said. "Okay. Have fun, girls." he said. "Do you want us to get you anything?" I asked. "No, I'm alright pumpkin. You go on ahead." he said. "Okay, see you later." I said, as we walked out the door. Sarabeth and I walk around trying to find a decent place to eat, and there was this cute little diner squished in between two bigger buildings. We went in together, and walked right up to the front. The girl standing at the register looked awfully familiar, and I gasped when I realized who it was. "Jesy? Is that you?" I walked up to her. "Oh my gosh, Jade! I haven't seen you in ages." she said. "I know. You look great, by the way." I smiled. "Thanks, so do you. And so do you, Sara." she smiled. "Oh, thank you." she just nodded awkwardly. "You're welcome. So uh... what can I get for you ladies?" she asked. We just ordered two burgers and fries, then sat down to wait for our meal.
After Jesy brought our meal, she sat down with us. "What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be working, young lady?" I asked, in a joking manner. "No, my shift just got over." she said. "Oh, okay." I said. "Yeah. So what made you guys wanna move back to London?" she asked, as she stole a fry from me. "We wanted to be closer to family." I explained. "Oh." she said. "Yeah, he gave us a choice though. I don't know why I said yes, I was perfectly fine living in New York." I said. "You wanted to be close to your family, Jade. You don't have to feel bad for leaving." Jesy touched my arm. "There's a different reason, Jesy... she fell in love with a boy there." Sarabeth explained. "Awh, you did? What was his name?" she asked. "Logan." I said, and all these memories of him flood my mind. "Oh, is he cute?" she asked. "Cute is an understatement." I said. "Sexy?" she asked. "How about drop-dead gorgeous." Sarabeth said. "Hey, have you been making eyes at my man?" I asked her. "Psh, no! Okay... yes, but can you blame me? He's hot!" she said. "Don't forget that he's also mine." I said, with a hint of jealousy. "Okay girls, put the claws away. Now, tell me about him." she said. "He's everything I want and need. I think he's the love of my life, and I just can't picture myself with anybody else. I'm also gonna be his date at his brothers wedding in April." I said. "Really? Wow, that's awesome." she said. "Yeah. I just hope I can find a way to get back." I said. "Maybe I can arrange something." Jesy said. "Oh Jes, you don't have to do that." I said. "Yes, I do. I can tell you really love this guy, and I think you deserve to be with him." she said. "Yeah, but I have to come back here." I said. "No, you don't. If you wanna stay in New York, then just stay. I'm sure dad will understand if you tell him." Sarabeth said. "Yeah, you're right. But I don't wanna leave you guys." I said. "Don't sweat it, sis. We'll all come visit you." she said. "Unless you can get him to move up here." Jesy said. "Well, I don't know. He seems pretty comfortable in New York, so I think that'd be asking a bit too much." I said. "Well, okay. We'll just come visit you." Sarabeth hugged me, and then Jesy joined in. I wish hugs like this could just last forever... with my two favorite girls.