Chapter 30: Heartbreak

This was the second night of SummerFest, and 5 Seconds Of Summer was supposed to perform tonight. Jade and I were standing in the front row, and there were a bunch of girls standing behind us, waiting not-so-patiently. Most of them were teenagers, and when the band came out, they all screamed at the top of their lungs. Let's just say... I think my eardrums burst. "HELLO NEW YORK CITY!!! HOW ARE YOU FEELING TONIGHT?!" the girls screamed in response, and I covered my ears. I listened to them, and they were actually pretty good. I reached for Jade's hand, and held tight onto it. She leaned over, and kissed my cheek. I looked down, and she was wearing pink shorts and a sparkly top. She took my hat off, and put it on her own head. I touched her cheek, and she looked at me. She moved closer, and hugged me. I pulled her close, and just barely brushed my lips over hers. Our lips really connected, and I felt that rush. I need Jade, but she pulls away. I still had my arms around her, but she backed up a few steps. She handed my hat back to me, and I was wondering what was going on. I decided to leave, and I just pushed and shoved past people. I made my way to the gate, but I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Logan, where the hell are you going?" Jade asked me. "Home." I said. "Why?" she asked. "Because you don't seem interested in having me around, that's why." I said. "What makes you say that?" she tilted her head to the right. "You pushed me away when I tried to kiss you, like you're embarrassed to be seen with me." I said. "Well, uh..." 

"You are embarrassed by me, aren't you?" I asked. "No Logan, it's just..." 

"It's just what?" I crossed my arms. "I slept with one of the band members of 5SOS." she said. "W-what?" I felt my heart breaking into a million tiny pieces. "While you were gone... I slept with Ashton a couple of times." she said. "What? How could you do this to me?" I asked. "It was a moment of weakness, Logan. You weren't there, and I was lonely. I-I'm sorry..." she said. "You were lonely? What the hell, Jade? After you visited me, you just went and slept with Ashton?!" I asked. "I'm sorry!" she said again. "Ya know what? Save your apology. It's my fault for falling for you. I was an idiot for thinking I could trust you." I turned around, pushed through the gate, and just walked away. Jade chased me down, and I started to run. "Logan, please wait!" she said. "No, just leave me alone!" I ran faster. "Please, just give me a moment to explain." she stopped me. "Okay, fine. You've got one minute." I crossed my arms, and glared at her. "Baby, I love you. Ashton doesn't mean anything to me." she tried to touch me, but I just backed away. "Ha, bullshit. That's what all my other exes said too." I said. "I know, but you've got to believe me Logan. I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else in my entire life." she touched my cheeks. "I thought I loved you too, but boy was I wrong." I threw my hands up in the air. "Logan, please give me a second chance." she pleaded with tears in her eyes. "I don't think I can. I've had my heart broken enough." I was about to go inside, but she stopped me. "Okay, fine! But remember, no one can love you like I have!" she yelled. I went inside, and slammed the door. I sat down on the couch, and just laid down. I cried, and I haven't hurt this much since my mom died. Dallas came in, and I sat up. He hopped up next to me, and put his head and paws in my lap. "At least I can still trust you, pal." I sniffed. He got up, put his paws on my shoulders, and licked my face. That made me feel a little better. I got a call, and I looked at it. It was Harry, and I answered it, even though I didn't feel like talking to anybody right now. "Hello?" I said. "Hey Logan, what's wrong?" he asked. He could probably tell that I was crying. "Jade cheated on me." I said. "Awh, that's a bummer man... I'm sorry. Can I come over, and maybe I could get your mind off of it?" he asked. "Sure, if you want." I nodded. "Okay, I'll be over in a bit mate." he said.

About twenty minutes later, I heard a knock on the door. It was Harry, and he hugged me. "Sorry to hear about your love man." he said. "It's alright." I said, even though I was crying. He held me at arms length, and looked into my eyes. "Hey, c'mon now. If she did that to you, she doesn't deserve your tears." he said. "Yeah, I guess you're right." I wiped my tears with my sleeve. Harry and I sat in beanbag chairs, and played Left 4 Dead 2. "Okay, how about we make a bet? If I lose, I have to do your laundry. If you lose, you have to do my dishes." he said. "Okay, you got yourself a deal." I shook his hand, and we started the game. 

(A Couple Of Hours Later)

I died first, so I guess I have to do Harry's dishes now...