Chapter 28: Summer

I woke up, and Jade was still asleep. I got up off the couch, and I saw Dallas laying in the kitchen. She must've taken him while I was gone in the cancer hospital. He looked up when he saw me, and barked and growled loudly. "Dallas, it's me Logan!" I tried calming him down, but he just kept barking and growling. "Dallas, hush!" I heard Jade say, and he quieted down. I decided to make chocolate chip pancakes, and Jade turned on the radio. "Thanks for watching Dallas while I was gone." I said. "It was no problem. I love Dallas." she squatted down by him, and petted him. I put a stack of pancakes on the table, and we both sat down. "Good morning listeners, it's 10 AM, and... IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!!!" some girl screamed on the radio. "Yes, the first day of summer! Do you know what this means, Jade?" I leaned in closer. "No, I don't know what this means Logan." she pointed her fork at me. "It means the SummerFest starts today." I smiled. "Really? What's SummerFest?" she asked. "It's this big festival that goes on every summer. They have food and games and lots of other cool stuff." I explained. "That sounds like a lot of fun." she said. "Yeah. How would you like to go with me?" I asked. "Are you serious? You'll take me?" she asked. "Of course I will. The all summer tickets only cost like... ten bucks." I said. "Oh my gosh, you are the best boyfriend ever!" she sat in my lap, and hugged my neck. "I know." I smirked. "I love you." she said. "I love you too. Now get off me so I can finish my pancakes." I said, not unkindly. "Okay." she got up, and sat down in her seat. 

After I finished breakfast, I grabbed Dallas, and we went home after buying SummerFest tickets at a gas station. Dallas got used to me not having hair, and now we were watching TV together. He had his head and paws in my lap, and we were just having a lazy day.