Chapter 23: Real And True

I drove Jade and I back to my place. I unlocked the door, and let her go inside first. I walked in after her, and closed the door. She hugged my waist, and I could feel her breathing. "I missed you." she whispered in my ear. "I missed you too." I said. Dallas came in, and Jade looked at him. "Dallas! Hi, boy!" she said. He ran over to her, and jumped up on her. He nearly knocked her over, and he's still just a puppy. She scratched him behind his ear, and he licked her face. "Haha, did you miss me?" she asked, and he barked in response. "I'll take that as a yes." I chuckled. She got up, and sat down by me. I wrapped my arms around her, and held her close. She still smelled of vanilla, like she always did. She pushed me down on the couch, and we made love. It was really gentle and soft, and I knew the wait was worth it. "I love you Logan." she said. "I love you." I kissed her forehead. She rested her head on my chest, and I just held her in my arms. I touched her skin, and she had goosebumps all over. I felt her breathing slow, and I knew she was asleep now. "Goodnight princess." I whispered quietly. It just felt so good to have Jade here with me again. I just hoped I wasn't taking her away from her family... I closed my eyes, and tried to sleep, but I just couldn't. I checked my phone, and it was midnight, which is too late for me to be awake. I slowly slipped out of bed, and Jade just laid there. I went to the kitchen, to get a late-night snack, and I just grabbed a bag of Chex Mix. I went into my room, and grabbed my guitar out from under my bed. I started playing a song, and I heard the door open. "Can't sleep babe?" Jade asked me. "Nope." I shook my head. "Okay, here." she took my guitar, and tucked it under my bed. "Lay down." she said. I did what she told me, and she laid down next to me. "Now, close your eyes." she said. I closed my eyes, and she kissed me softly. "Go to sleep." she said. She sang softly in my ear, and I fell asleep. She crawled under my arm, so I was holding her, and we just laid there in total bliss and happiness.