Chapter 40: Jade & Ashton

~Jade's POV~

I woke up next to Ashton, and he was still asleep. I went into the kitchen to make breakfast, and I decided to make my special maple bacon pancakes. As I was singing to myself, I felt strong arms around my waist. "Good morning Ash." I said, cheerfully. "Morning babe." he kissed my neck, and I got goosebumps all over my body. "How'd you sleep?" I asked. "I slept great. Ooh, that smells really good. What are you making?" he asked. "Maple bacon pancakes." I said. "Sounds good." he pulled me closer, so I was pressed against him. "Yeah, it's really good. It's an old recipe my mum showed me awhile back." I said. "Mm-hmm..." he left more kisses on my neck, and I could feel my body starting to tremble. "Ashton, stop. You're distracting me." I giggled. "Oh, sorry babe. I'll just sit over here and wait." he let go of me, and sat at the table. I put a big stack of pancakes in the middle of the table, and sat down. I grabbed two pancakes, and set them down on my plate, then drowned them in maple syrup. 

After we finished breakfast, we decided to take a walk on the beach. "So, have you talked to Logan lately?" Ashton asked. He's really been wanting me to be friends with him again, for some weird reason. "No, I haven't talked to him since we broke up." I said.  "You haven't tried talking to him at all?" he asked. "No, because I know he wouldn't want to talk to me anyway." I shook my head. "Jade, I think you should talk to him. I can tell that this is eating you up inside." he said. "Oh... you're right! This is driving me crazy, and I wanna be friends with him again. I still have the bear he gave me at SummerFest a couple of years ago." I said. "Really? I thought you said you got that from your dad?" he said. "Sorry... I kinda lied about that. I just... can't part with it. It's too special." I said. "I understand, babe. There are just some things that we can't let go of." he touched my cheek. "Yes, exactly. I'm glad you're so understanding, Ash. I think that's what I love best about you." I smiled at him. "I love everything about you, Jade. I love you." he said. "Oh Ash... I love you, too." I took both of his hands, and gave him a long, passionate kiss.