Chapter Eight

When the group arrived at dinner, the chattering stopped. This was to be expected. Mattheo grabbed MJ's hand and you could hear the forks and spoons clattering. The talking began again.
"Nice move brother. But now, you two might just have to make it official."
"Okay, we can talk about mine and Mattheo's relationship when we aren't surrounded by the entire school. For now, I am going to stuff my face. Excuse me."
"At least her appetite hasn't disappeared."
"Hangry Hufflepuff coming through."
"Nott, I will stab you with a fork. You come between me and my food and you're going to wish you hadn't."
Theo gulped and made sure to sit at the end opposite of MJ, while the others laughed, including Tom. Their MJ was back.

"Okay, I'm stuffed. I can't eat anymore."
"You might just be the next Ronald Weasley if you did eat anything more. Dude destroys an entire chicken by himself. It's impressive but disgusting."
"How does he do that? Everytime I see him, I see him with a whole ass plate of freaking bacon."
"No idea."
"Uh oh, a howler. Wonder who it's for."
An owl that looked oddly familiar to Maddi swooped down and dropped a letter from her parents. The Howler was sent to. . Professor Dumbledore. This couldn't be good.
"ALBUS PERCIVAL WOLFRIC BRIAN DUMBLEDORE! HOW COULD YOU LET YOUR STUDENTS ACT THE WAY THEY DID TO MY DAUGHTER! YOU COUNT YOUR STARS AND PRAY TO MERLIN! I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE THE GREATEST WIZARD OF OUR TIME! THE NEXT INCIDENT INVOLVING MY DAUGHTER I WILL REMOVE HER FROM HOGWARTS AND SEND HER TO THE STATES! You are lucky that she was not severely injured."
The howler hissed at Dumbledore then tore itself to shreds. Dumbledore did not look fazed at all. It was as if he was used to getting Howlers from upset parents.
Madalie turned to the letter that was delivered by her mothers owl, Sapphire.

Madalie-Jane,
Your father and I were furious when we found out what took place this morning. We are on our way to Hogwarts to further discuss Flint and Pucey's punishment. We are not pulling you from Hogwarts, we are however, serious about pulling you if something else goes wrong. We will talk more about this when we arrive, which I suspect will be tomorrow afternoon. Stay safe and be careful. Tell everyone we said hello.
(P.S- I have also acquired some rather interesting news involving you and a certain Riddle. Details will need to be shared.)

Love, Mother.

"Pansy, you wouldn't happen to know how my mother knows about me and Mattheo. Would you?"
"What? What makes you think that I know anything about how she knows? I mean it's not like I told her or anything."
Madalie looked at Mattheo, grabbed his hand under the table, he grinned and gave her hand a little squeeze.
"Alright fine, I told her. How could I not? I couldn't take it anymore. You two are so freaking cute together I HAD to talk to someone about it. The next best person was your mom. Please don't kill me."
To Pansy's surprise, Mattheo started chuckling.
"Parkinson, I'm not going to kill you. I was planning on asking MJ's parents permission to date her. That's why I haven't asked her out yet. I respect the hell out of both of them, I'm not about to date their daughter without asking."
Pansy blinked, the rest of the boys were trying their hardest to not laugh at their raven haired friend. Maddi was flushed red, she was admiring Mattheo's words, she honestly could not think straight with the boy's hand wrapped around hers.
"Oh. Well, um, I, can we just go back to our room?"
Madalie yawned and got up from her seat, the rest following and walking out of the Great Hall, laughing and pushing each other around.
From the Professors table, they were smiling at the group of Slytherins and the single Hufflepuff. Umbridge however, was not smiling. She was pissed that her plan had failed to keep the houses separated. Making eye contact with Hannah Abott and another Hufflepuff she gave a slight nod to them, and they scratched their chin making it seem as normal as possible.
Luna Lovegood, observant Ravenclaw had caught the entire thing, she planned to figure out exactly what Umbridge was planning.