Chapter Nineteen

"What's wrong?"
Mattheo gulped, Draco and Blaise looked nervous, Tom was staring at one of the pictures that they had put on the shelf. Theo and Enzo sat on the sofa, for once they were quiet.
"Mattheo. What is it?"
"Um, yesterday, uh, Tom told me our parents were back."
Mattheo looked up to find MJ with her jaw dropped, Pansy was asking Blaise if it was true, Hermione looked at Draco, rushing to give him a hug without a second thought. Ginny and Luna had to sit down.
"MJ."
"How long have you known? Tom? How long have you known?"
Tom turned around and faced his family.
"They sent me a letter. The night before the morning Flint and Pucey did what they did."
"A week! You've known for a week and you didn't think to tell any of us?"
"There was never a right time Maddi! I only told Mattheo the other day, and the boys an hour ago."
"But you kept it from Pansy and I?"
"I didn't want to worry either of you. So many things have happened. I couldn't bring myself to tell you, especially after you and Mattheo had just got together. I couldn't do that to my brother. Or you."
Maddi sighed, the anger fading from her face, she walked toward Tom. At first he thought she was going to hit him, but she hugged him instead, he hugged back.
"I'm sorry for getting mad at you. You know that we're here for you, right? And Mattheo. No matter what."
Tom nodded. Theo and Enzo took this as an opportunity to try and lighten the very dark mood.
"Yay! GROUP HUG!"
The group laughed.
"So 'Mione, you and Draco huh?"
Hermione turned red and Draco couldn't help but smile widely.
They would deal with the Riddle's parents when the time comes, for now, they were going to try and enjoy their time together.