Chapter Thirteen

Mattheo had taken MJ to the Astronomy Tower. There he had set up a picnic with all of MJ's favorite things. Pumpkin pastries, strawberries, grapes, all different kinds of foods. She noticed the candles and the lily petals spread around the setting. Lilies were her favorite flower.
"Mattheo, you did all of this for me? Why?"
"MJ you are my best friend, I knew that I loved you when I noticed that we would not be getting rid of you anytime soon in our first year." Maddi chuckled, grabbed Mattheo's hands, she gave them a little squeeze and he interlaced their fingers together.
"I have said before that you are the light in the darkness that surrounds our life. I want to tell you exactly what I mean by that. Do you remember in our first year, the first time that I ever had a panic attack? Tom, Pansy, Blaise, Draco, Theo and Enzo had tried and failed to calm me down. But when you got there, you rushed over, wrapped your arms around me, ran your hands through my hair, told me it was okay, that you were there. I had instantly calmed down. That is what I mean, Maddi. It has always been you. Not anyone else, you." MJ was crying happy tears. Mattheo grabbed her face and kissed her forehead, before pulling what looked like a ring box out of his pocket.
"When I said that I will always protect you, I mean it. I asked your parents if I could have their blessing to be with you. They said that they would not ask for anyone else to have your hand." Madalie smiled brightly. Mattheo pulled the promise ring out of the box. It had the cut out of a badger, but with an emerald for stone, seeing as how MJ's birthday was in May, emerald was her birth stone. That and it was oddly the same color for Slytherin. The band was golden, on the inside the words, "My Girl" were carved on it.
"Mattheo, this is beautiful. Thank you. For everything. For being there for me. For being you. I love you Mattheo Riddle, now and forever."
"I love you Madalie-Jane Everett Rose Samantha, forever."
Mattheo leaned down, placed the ring on her finger then kissed her. MJ happily kissed him back. It wasn't a lustful kiss, it was a slow, loving, passionate kiss.
Breaking away for air, Mattheo caressed her cheek and smiled wholeheartedly at her.
"One more thing. Maddi, will you be my girl-"
"Yes. A million times yes. Yes, I will be your girlfriend."
Mattheo kissed her again, picked her up and spun her around. Both of them laughing, they abandoned the picnic and decided to just go tell their friends the news that they were finally together.
Little did they know, their happiness was about to be short lived.