Chapter Thirty Six

Mattheo carefully placed MJ on the bed, tucking her in the blankets, placing a kiss on her forehead, then leaning down and placing a kiss on her stomach, feeling the baby kick a tiny bit when he did. He walked out the room, turning off the lights, and walking down the stairs.
"Hey, how is she?"
"Sleeping. When I was coming down here, I checked to see if I could feel the baby kick again, it did."
"Aww, you're turning into a softie."
"I can still kill you."
"I was just joking damn."
"Something on your mind son?"
"Actually there is something that I've been wanting to talk to you about."
"Everything okay?"
"Yeah, yeah it's great, perfect even. I just wanted to know if you would be opposed to me marrying Maddie. I know that you said you wouldn't want anyone else to take her hand when I asked your permission to be her boyfriend, but I really, really, love your daughter. She's my entire life, I'm not asking just because of the baby, I'm asking because I want to spend the rest of my life with her." The room was silent, everyone was looking at Micah, but Micah was looking at something behind Mattheo. Madalie.
"You mean that? Seriously mean that?"
"Yes. I do. I mean that crossing my heart and swearing on my own grave I no doubt will be digging." Maddie looked to her father, who got up from his seat at the couch, went past Mattheo, to Maddie, whispering something in her ear. She had eye contact with Mattheo the whole time, once her dad was finished talking to her, he went back downstairs, looked at Mattheo, smiled at him and shook his hand. 
"You take care of my daughter, you hear me."
"Yes sir. Thank you." The ladies all came back in from shopping just as Maddie had walked down the stairs towards Mattheo, she was already crying.
"What's going on Micah?"
"Just watch." Marilyn looked at her husband skeptically. She gasped when she saw Mattheo holding a ring box to Maddie on one knee. Pansy nearly squealed, Blaise covered her mouth and held her back. Theo, Enzo, Tom, and Draco had their jaws dropped and eyes wide.
"Is this really happening?" MJ asked Mattheo with tears already falling down her face.
"Okay, I've thought about what I wanted to say for a while now, but now that I'm actually doing this and your dad didn't kill me when I asked him, here goes nothing." They all chuckled, Maddie still couldn't believe that the love of her life was on one knee proposing to her.
"I love you so much, and I love our baby too. You have always been there for me, through everything. I want to be there for you. You are the most amazing thing has ever happened to me, my brother, all of us. I don't want to imagine my life without you, I want to spend the rest of it with you. I know this is really cheesy and not like me at all." Mattheo let out a breath, Maddie sniffled, her hold on his hand had tightened. Pansy was dabbing her eyes, Theo and Enzo were so going to tease him about this till the end of time.
"Madalie Jane Everett Rose Samantha Crossett, will you make me the happiest wizard in the world and marr- woah!"
"YES! YES! YES! A million times yes! I couldn't take it anymore I'm sorry." Mattheo laughed, he put the ring her on her finger, getting up from the ground he pulled her into a passionate, loving kiss. The whole room erupted into cheers.
"I can't believe this is actually happening. Is this really happening?"
"Yes it's really happening. We're getting married."