Chapter Thirty Five

"Well Ms. Crossett, Mr. Riddle, your baby is perfectly okay and healthy. The baby was kicking. It's why you felt the movement. It's a great sign, and an incredible thing. Also we found out the babies gender. It's here in this envelope." MJ and Mattheo sighed relieved.
"Okay now I feel stupid. I mean we rushed here only to find out the baby was kicking." The healer chuckled.
"It's a perfectly normal reaction of new parents. You'd be surprised how many times this happens. Congratulations to you both, I'll leave this here for you." He handed them the envelope and then walked out. The couple walked out of the room, into the hallway where their family was waiting.
"What did he say?"
"He said that the baby was kicking, here's the gender in the envelope I'm giving it to you two to plan a gender reveal. And we have to come back tomorrow for our original appointment." Everyone let out a relieved breath. They went back to the Crossett Manor, only to be greeted with the Potters, Weasleys, Hermione, Luna, and Neville.
"What are you all doing here?"
"We invited them for the gender reveal party. Ladies, we all have to go to Diagon Alley, and to Muggle London to get supplies, decorations and everything else we might need. Maddie, I hate to say it dear but you should stay here and rest. We're going to be doing a lot of walking and your feet will hate you afterwards."
"I am okay with that. I'm actually going to go up to bed to take a nap, if Mattheo's child will stop kicking the hell out of me."
"Y'know if I didnt know any better I'd say that you were blaming me for this."
"I am."
"This is hardly my fault- Madalie, hey will you wait for me. Bloody hell, how are you walking this fast?" Mattheo's voice got drowned out as he followed MJ up the stairs to their shared room. The remaining teens and parents were laughing at the couple.
"They truly are an amazing pair. Have they decided on names? Who the godparents are going to be?"
"They have not yet decided Lily, on either things. I think they are still trying to wrap their heads around that in just a few months they're bringing a life into this world."
"At least it's their last year at Hogwarts and neither of them have to worry about school."
"Mattheo is already studying to become an Healer, with a job like that for him, they'll be set."
"Most definitely. Tom, what do you think about becoming an uncle? Are you excited?"
"I am. I'm happy for the both of them. If anyone gets to have this happiness, it's them. They deserve it."
"I already know I'm going to be the godmother. I cant wait."
"Blaise, be careful. If those two do decide to make Pansy the godmother, that makes you godfather, meaning if something happens to MJ or Mattheo, the kid goes to you two." Blaise coughed on his drink, his eyes going wide. He glared at Enzo who was smiling smugly, he and Theo were trying so hard not to laugh.
"Someone said something about shopping?" The ladies disappeared through the door, leaving the men in the living room.

Mattheo had his arms wrapped around MJ while she was asleep in his lap, he would draw small shapes on her stomach, smiling softly to himself that his son/daughter would soon be born in a few months. Worry suddenly hit him like a ton of bricks had just fallen. No doubt he was scared to be a father. He was terrified that he wouldn't be good enough for the baby or for Maddie. No doubt he loves her, that was a question he felt stupid for asking himself. There also wasn't doubt that he would love their baby just as much. There had been something on his mind for a while now. He just needed to ask someone about it first.