Chapter Forty Two

"We're home. Finally after a week of being in a stuffy hospital, we're home."
"It was only two days. Besides it wasn't all that bad. This time we have our babies here."
"You're right. This is better. I can at least take the diaper bags Mattheo, I'm not helpless."
"Of course you're not helpless. You just gave birth to not one but two babies. The least I could do is bring the kids in and the diaper bags. Don't even bother arguing, you know I'm right."
"You will never hear me say those words."
"Worth a shot." The couple laughed quietly, seeing as how the twins were asleep. Maddie's parents walked into the doorway.
"Welcome home you four. Hello sweet girl, how's my little girl?"
"Hello to you too Mum. Dad, really?"
"What? These are our grandchildren, what'd you expect?"
"We got them, you two go inside and sit."
"We like to stay close to the twins, not saying that you'll let anything happen to them-"
"Madalie, your father and I may be getting older,  but we still know how to care for a baby. Now go sit."
"Yes ma'am."
"Where is my niece and nephew?"
"Hey nice to see you too. We're fine thanks for asking." Mattheo hugged his brother.
"You look exhausted."
"Not really."
"Seriously you all should have seen him. He checked the review mirror in the car more than I did. Stopping every ten minutes when one of the twins would make a noise." The group laughed, Maddie went to go and little Marilyn out of her car seat. Mattheo got little Micah from his car seat, the twins waking up from the movement, looking like they were glaring at their parents for waking them up.
"Uh don't look at me like that." Little Marilyn poured her lip at her mother and started to cry.
"What happened? Mommy make you mad?"
"Don't start with me." Mattheo snorted, he handed little Micah to Draco who's been waiting to hold him.
"You two okay over here?"
"It's okay Mare, you're okay. I'm sorry, it's okay." Little Marilyn stopped crying, yawned and then went to sleep in her mother's arms. Mattheo pressed a small kiss to his daughter's forehead, then his fiancés. He looked to see little Micah had Draco's finger in a tight grip, his best friend holding his son close.
"Maybe Hermione and I ought to have one."
"You should clear that with Hermione." Draco chuckled, which caused Little Micah to blow raspberry's at him.
"I just got a crap ton of baby slobber in my eye. Lovely. Speaking of Hermione, her and Ginny want to come over and see you two and the twins. I told her maybe tomorrow, let you all rest for a bit before a shit ton of visitors." 
"I'm fine with her coming now if she wants to. I don't mind."
"It's not like it's our house, but yeah I'm okay with it."
"We've already invited everyone's parents, they'll be here soon."
"In the meantime I need to shower and change. You guys got them for like thirty minutes?"
"Absolutely."
"If they get hungry there are two bottles in the bags, which need to go in the fridge-"
"We got it. Go freshen up. The both of you."
"I'm not saying no to that."