14: Can't Resist Her?

"Z-Zevran." nauutal na tinawag ni Valeria ang pangalan ng lalaki nang makarating na sila sa labas. They came across him standing in front of his own Range Rover.

He pivoted to look at her, his eyes traveling up and down her body. As he gazed at her neck and chest, she noticed Zevran swallow heavily. Subconsciously, she tucked a few loose strands of hair behind her ear. In an instant, her vision became unfocused as she stared at Zevran. Fuck, I'm drunk.

"I apologize for any harm Evan may have caused." her body stiffened upon hearing his rugged and masculine voice. The ease of his speech instantly reminded her of the sounds he made while she was performing oral sex on him nine months ago. "It seems you weren't comfortable with him around, and he ruined your enjoyment."

Arden scoffs. "Is he always like that whenever he's drunk?"

Sandaling lumingon si Zevran sa kotse niya upang tingnan ang pinsan na mahimbing nang natutulog sa backseat.

"I don't know." he answered while looking at Arden and then glanced back at her. "Maybe. But then again, I apologize. When he wakes up, I'll tell him everything that happened. I'll make him apologize for what he did to both of you," his words were filled with genuine kindness. "For now, I just want to ask if there's anything I can do to make it up to you? Since I don't want to leave like a bad guy here," he chuckled.

"...So? Do you have something in mind? Do you still want to go back to the club? Drinks and food are on me---"

"A-Actually," she cut Zevran off. "...we're going to leave... too."

She sensed Arden shifting beside her. Bago niya pa itong maunahan sa pagsasalita ay nagsalita na ulit siya. "R-Right, Arden?" she nudged her. She needed to look at Arden because she hadn't answered yet; she widened her eyes at her, using her bossy tone, somehow, after doing that, it worked because Arden nodded quietly in agreement with her.

"Y-Yeah. M-May trabaho pa kasi kami bukas..." hesitation could be heard in Arden's voice. However, Valeria was aware she wouldn't retract her statement. Dapat lang naman na tumanggi siya dahil may trabaho pa silang papasukan bukas.

Zevran nodded, "I see... parang hindi ko na kayo talaga mapipilit." he chuckled. "So, it's a goodbye, then?"

Valeria smiled. "Mm, bye."

"I'll get my Audi from the parking lot," Arden replied. "Maiwan ka muna rito, girl." nagmadali na itong lumabas at naiwan silang dalawa ni Zevran.

She wished Zevran would depart, considering he had bid farewell to both of them. Yet he persisted in standing there, leaving her perplexed about his continued presence. May hinihintay pa ba siya?

"I-I..." Zevran looked at her, she wet her lower lip and she caught Zevran looking at it. "I-I thought you're leaving...?"

Zevran stayed silent and pushed his hair upward, causing a few strands to cascade onto his forehead. She gulped as she observed how attractive that gesture appeared. He's so attractive without him knowing. She bit her lip at the inappropriate thoughts, god, Valeria, what are you thinking? Lasing ka na talaga!

"I'll wait for Ms. Mortenson. I don't want to leave you here. Livia would be mad at me if something bad happens to you."