22: Mr. Morgan

I immediately headed to my office, followed by the chairman and my other colleagues in the company. After everyone learned about the sudden incident involving Maximus Viasco, the interrupted meeting couldn't be resumed because he was already dead. Therefore, he would automatically be removed as a shareholder in the company.

Hindi ako maiwan ni lolo at sabi niya na gusto niya akong samahan. I couldn't refuse as he seemed determined, and I understood why. Ngayon, sama-sama kaming nakaupo sa kanya-kanyang upuan, each processing the events in our own way.

"It's likely that a police officer or detective might come here," I replied. All attention turned to me. "Given our company's association with him, they may also ask about our attempt to remove him as a shareholder. Remember, they won't only question me, so be truthful in your responses."

"Goodness." nag-face-palm si Arden. "Paano ba nangyari 'yon? How did he die?"

"Ms. Caruso," Suzzy beckoned, drawing my focus. I gestured for her to come closer.

"Narito po ang mga report sa crime scene..." aniya habang hawak-hawak ang malaking tablet.

"Go on."

She sighed and looked at the tablet screen. "Maximus Viasco was murdered around six p.m. at a nearby motel where he stayed. Mr. Viasco checked in at the motel at five-twenty p.m., accompanied by two prostitutes, both nineteen years old. According to the receptionist, Mr. Viasco was reportedly drunk before they checked in."

"What was the murder weapon?" I asked her.

"They found cyanide in the food Mr. Viasco brought. It's a highly toxic, colorless, and odorless poisonous substance. Even a small amount ingested or inhaled can cause rapid and severe poisoning by disrupting the body's ability to use oxygen, leading to respiratory failure and eventually... death."

Napalunok ako. Cyanide... that was a well-known and feared substance. Upon learning he was murdered, I felt a sense of dread wash over me. Knowing someone had deliberately caused his death filled me with apprehension. Contemplating the implications sent a shiver down my spine.

"Do we have any suspects?" I asked Suzzy.

Umiling siya. "Hanggang ngayon ay wala pa rin po."

"What about the prostitutes he was with?" Arden asked. "Aren't they considered suspects? They were with him when the incident happened."

"Negative po ang results ng fingerprints nilang dalawa." sagot ni Suzzy.

Then that's just mean... "If they're not the suspects, then maybe the person who prepared Mr. Viasco's food is the one responsible."

Suzzy nodded. "P'wede po. Sa ngayon, iniimbestigahan pa rin po ng mga pulis kung saan galing ang pagkain na dala-dala ni Mr. Viasco bago pa man siya mag-check-in sa motel."

"I'm in disbelief," exclaimed the chairman. "Who could commit such a heinous act? Whoever is responsible has no authority to end someone's life."

Maximus Viasco may not be without flaws; he may have been involved in numerous unsavory dealings, but it's morally reprehensible to exact vengeance through his murder. Regardless of his character, it's not justified to resort to such extreme measures against him. Such actions are indefensible and will remain so.