15: Billiard Hall

Hi, I've decided to change the point of view of this story. From 3rd person POV, I'll switch it to 1st person POV. Please expect that from now on until the end, the characters will be the ones narrating. Thank you.

Valeria Agatha

Zevran is holding my hand firmly, yet it's not causing me any pain. To speak candidly, all I sense is his tender hand brushing against my palm. His substantial and veined hand contrasts with my smaller one. I can't explain why I'm experiencing ticklish sensations with our intertwined fingers. Dapat ay pinipigilan ko siya ngayon at pinapatigil siya sa kung saan man kami pupunta, but something feels really off as I let him take me wherever he wants. Hell, I'm even more attacked by excitement.

We paused as we arrived at the peaceful area of the club. The third floor was completely devoid of any noise. It's like a tomb. Siguro nga kung sisigaw ako rito ay mag-eecho ang boses ko.

I kept silent as he accessed the door on our left. As we entered, the air-conditioner's cold air greeted us. But what astonished me was discovering that this room was a billiard hall, expansive and immense. Three black leather sofas were situated in separate corners, with a twenty-five-inch television attached to the wall, its screen darkened.

"What are... we doing here?"

With a deep breath, Zevran looked at me, underscoring his towering figure and causing me to feel insignificant in his presence.  Ngunit imbes na sagutin niya ako ay kinuha niya ang puting coat na nakasabit sa wall rack. Dahilan para magbitaw ang kamay namin. I stepped back as he prepared to clothe me with it. That's not mine! Why should I wear that?

I made an effort to avert his gaze as he enveloped me in the coat. It was spacious, draping down to my knees. "Malamig. Don't worry, it's freshly washed. You're the first one to wear it," he seemed to anticipate my concerns.

Hindi ko naman sinasabi na marumi. Hindi ko alam kung bakit may paru-parong nagdiwang sa sikmura ko nang ma-realize na sinuot niya ang coat na 'yon sa akin sa kadahilanan na malamig sa loob ng hall. Somehow, wearing the coat lessened my chill now.

"You haven't told me why you brought me here."

"Do you play billiards?" Imbes na sagutin ay tinanong niya ako. His voice was low as he gazed at me. I moistened my lower lip.

Upon hearing his question, an unexpected memory surged into my consciousness, seemingly summoned by fate, entwining Zevran within its grasp.

"Do you play billiards, Valeria?" he's towering above me while holding the cue with his right hand.

Napalunok ako nang maalala ko iyon. That question... tinanong niya ulit sa akin ngayon 'yon. What a fucking coincidence is that? And his tone is exactly the same!

"I-I shouldn't be here..." mahinang naiusal ko na dapat sana'y nasa isip ko lang. I saw his forehead furrow and his eyebrow raise. That's why I spoke again, "Arden is looking for me---"

"I texted her," he calmly replied. "...by that means, hindi ka niya hinahanap ngayon."

"I don't care." I prepared for his irritation, but discovered only amusement in his expression. Akala ko ay magagalit siya dahil binira ko siya. But he just smirked, and I perceived a glimmer in his eyes. I swallowed soundlessly. Napasinghap ako ng wala sa oras.