30: Happiness

9:45 a.m.

Hey. Nandyan ka na? Are you feeling alright now? Wala na bang masakit? If you want, you know I can take you to the hospital anytime. Just let me know, and I'll come right away. Try not to move too much.

9:57 a.m.

Call or text me kung may sumakit. I'm always available, Valeria.

10:16 a.m.

You must be busy. I'm in the cafeteria right now. Don't hesitate to tell me if you need anything. Maybe you're feeling hungry, kanina ka pa nag-almusal, di 'ba? Text me what you'd like to eat, pupuntahan kita kaagad para ibigay sa 'yo. Take care.

12: 16 a.m.

Hey, good afternoon. How are you feeling now? I'm still thinking you might be in pain, but I'm hoping you're getting better now. I just finished a two-hour acid reflux surgery. I'm having an espresso. What about you? What are you up to?

Zevran sent a picture.

Bumuntong-hininga ako habang binabasa ang previous messages niya sa akin. Zevran's most recent message was at 8:34 p.m. I checked the time on my phone; it was already nine in the evening. Tinext ko siya na pupunta ako sa bahay niya ngunit wala akong natanggap na reply kaya hinayaan ko na lang.

Thankfully, the pain I felt earlier had subsided, thanks to the ice and medicine Zevran had given me earlier that morning. Hindi naman naging hadlang ang sakit na iyon sa trabaho ko although may pagkakataon lang talaga na bigla na lang nananakit na napapahinto ako. Talagang pinilay ako ni Zevran.

I'm standing in front of his house right now, not the penthouse one. Sinadya ko na dumiretso na rito pagka-off ko sa trabaho dahil gusto kong mag-thank-you personally. I know I won't stay long, so I didn't bother texting Livia.

I changed clothes before coming here. I'm wearing a black yoke lantern sleeve dress with a stand collar mesh. As I approached the bifold door, it automatically opened in front of me. I stepped onto the porcelain tiles with my cream pumps and immediately looked for him.

And... there he is. As he descended the stairs, his gaze locked onto me. Lumapit ako sa kaniya para masilayan ko siya ng maayos. The chandelier lights illuminated his features, casting a radiant glow. He exuded an aura of freshness, his scent reminiscent of a recent shower. Despite his casual stride, his presence commanded attention, para siyang isang model.

He's giving that rich handsome daddy vibes. Oh, god. Bakit patagal nang patagal, mas lalo siyang gumugwapo? His face was a pleasure to behold, radiating warmth and vitality.

I caught a whiff of his expensive, fragrant body wash as he drew nearer. His eyes lingered on me, his gaze tracing my form.

"Hi," I greeted him. He sported a short-sleeved polo shirt with a notch V-neck, its black hue complementing his complexion. A Rolex adorned his tanned wrist, veins subtly protruding beneath his skin, catching my eye.

"Hey." he huskily said. "I miss you."

My jaw suddenly dropped because of what he said. While my lips were parted, he suddenly grabbed my cheek and pressed his lips to mine. He kissed me hungrily as if ngayon niya lang niya nalasahan ang labi ko. I clung to his collar as he sucked my bottom lip and slid his tongue inside my mouth.