Chapter 1

Note: What are you doing this Valentines? 

Season 1 Episode 1

Mahira Apis POV

With Bata heels in hand, face slobbered with makeup, hair messy with the sperms of a stranger I fucked last night, I marched in town. Not that I was particularly proud of what I did the previous night. But my head was far too high to care. A few onlookers gave me a repulsed glare. Why not? It was the appearance of sex, the one-night stand variety. But not the sort where I ate breakfast in bed. I was confronted with a lovely, scowling face, her mouth yelling, and her hand shaking me awake.

"Get up! You need to fucking leave." She hissed. She was already dressed in her business outfit. I was too surprised and alert to pay attention to the specifics.

"What?"

"Get out."

"What? Why?"

"Do you need breakfast in bed? Get out." Her frigid voice snarled.

I was practically dragged out by her, with her hand around my wrist she pulled me out the building. She turned to the right, and I turned left.

As I arrived into my job, the security guy stepped in front of me, obstructing my access up the stairs. I couldn't enter the elevator looking or smelling as I do. His eyes widened when he discovered that I was one of the company's twenty shareholders.

"Eww." He muttered, gesturing with his hands for me to come up.

"Not too awful." I muttered. I ascended the arduous sixty flights of steps till I reached my floor. When I opened the door, I was confronted with mayhem as everyone rushed up and down the corridor, phones ringing, and workers tussled with papers in hand.

As a worker went by, I grabbed her arm. Her frenzied blue eyes looked back at me. "What's happening?" She gripped a stack of papers that appeared to be sliding out of her grasp at any moment.

"You haven't heard? You did not get contact from the firm."

"Obviously not. What's going on?" I gritted.

"New boss."

"On this floor, or the entire building?" I inquired.

I'd shit myself if my father stood down as boss; it would mean I couldn't be lazy around, squandering his money and exposing my miserable face.

"No, just this floor." I let out a sigh and slowly released the female. I went for my Chanel purse, reaching inside to get my phone. My looks was the least of my concerns, as I noticed my hideous face on the reflecting screen.

The message was definitely there.

"Then where was I when this notification was released?" I gazed at the moment when it was sent. I bite my lips, embarrassed that at 10 p.m., I was slobbering a stranger dick in my mouth.

My jaws clenched together, attempting to accommodate her monstrous bulk, plunged down my tight throat hole.

I reddened, glancing down at the washed-out white floor as I proceeded slowly along the corridor, careful to hide my pathetic face. Reaching my office door was successful, and I ran inside, slamming the door.

Fuck my appearance.

I needed to know where I fucking stood inside this corporation. My father made it plain that I will always be a shareholder, and I am fine with that. As a shareholder, I can't be kicked or tossed out. But if a boss was going to oversee this floor, I was screwed. I was the floor manager.

They all love me. So, who voted on this? Because if I wasn't the boss, who was, and where would I be shoved?

I smacked my face, jolting myself out of deep concentration, and dashed to my office phone. I needed to get in touch with my father as quickly as possible. It would be faster to take the elevator up, but given my look, I couldn't confront him this way.

He must be receiving a lot of calls as the line goes dead. He merely brought someone into the firm without holding a meeting at least a week prior.

I hurried back to the door. My gaze darted through the glass panel.

My eyes locked on Xia. The little girl appeared overwhelmed as everyone gathered around her, shouting demands at her.

Xia and I met in the dark femininity club, which meets every Tuesday on The Golden Spoon plaza. Unlike her, I took it seriously, but she said she was bored on Tuesday and looking for companionship. Not sure if a dark feminine group club was the best place to start.

I opened the door. "Psst, Xia." I extended my arms in the air to call her over. She glanced up and came towards me, where I pulled her in and locked the door before closing the blinds.

"What is going on?"

"Me? I should ask you." She hissed. "Where have you been? To converse to these degenerates. They jump down on me like tigers looking for meal."

"You must know something. You're my second in command."

"Was your second in charge."

"Was?" When I got this floor to 'managed', I just placed a lot of people in roles without regard for their skill level or anything else. As long as they could perform the flipping job, I was set.

"What do you mean by 'was?"

"Well, Ms. Angelo, she assigned me as an assistant in her office. So I'm no longer answering to you.

I chuckled, gently nudging Xia's little shoulder. She stood still, her expression blank. My laughter immediately stopped.

I gave a gasp. She was serious.

"First, who is Angelo?"

"The new floor manager. Well, the second-floor manager. She will be working with you. But it appeared she began without you, as she stripped everyone of their posts. In few seconds, she dismissed five people simply for mentioning your names."

My eyes stared at the ceiling, not paying attention to Xia's destress diatribe. My brow wrinkled when I saw red paper hearts swinging on white threads. I pulled on it, and it fell undone, lying limply in my palm. I gazed at it. It was only a blank paper heart.

My gaze scanned the whole ceiling and workplace, noticing that my entire area was decked with Valentine-themed decorations.

"Who did this?"

"Do one thing at a time." Xia spoke. "You will need to call either your father or her."

"For?"

"I want to know how the floor is operating."

"This is my floor." I scoffed.

Xia flinched. I sighed, feeling horrible for venting my displeasure on her.

"I am not going out there. They will have to come to me." I said, going to my desk. "I can't face my father, not looking like a cheap slut, and I don't want to meet this Angelo."

"Will you get rid of her?" Xia asked.

"I will." This was my floor. Nobody was going to take what belonged to me.