Chapter 7

Season 1 Episode 7

Mahira POV

My father effectively cut me off. That's exactly what this whole thing was. I just didn't believe it was fair that I was the only one who got a pay decrease.

"I'm telling you, Tali, someone is going to pay if I don't see a hundred thousand bucks on my pay check this month." I was meant to get half the money, but I had a $100,000 budget; how was I expected to cut it in half?

"And how will you go about receiving your full pay?" She inquired, and I knew she didn't feel I had the ability to pull it off; Hell, I don't think I have the ability to do it.

"Mommy."

"Your poor mom."

"Yes, my mama. She loves me so much. She will beg papa to give me a chance, and he will release the funds." I have a few days to ensure that when I received this paycheck, I saw all of the essential zeros.

"What if that doesn't work?"

I reached for the bottle of Tylenol, which was for my massive headaches, after I drink out the entire club of vodka. I threw the bottle to her.

"Pills?" she asked.

"Hmm...I consumed the full bottle or made it appear like I did; they'll come wailing to my bedside, and when I wake up, they'll feel sorry for me and hand up the money."

"Or you could die." She scolded.

"Oh no, that is exactly why you are here. To ensure that I merely froth at the mouth, and that it does not worsen." I stated this as I leaned forward to apply lip gloss on my lips.

Tali was joining me to my family dinner; she didn't want to go, but I had a little car accident, so she knew she was the only alternative.

"Mahira, I will do your hair and nails for free. You don't need to do this." She groaned, clearly fed up with my shenanigans. "This is crap." She gritted and shook the tablets.

"I will not die. I'll just faom at the mouth, my eyeballs will be knocked over in my head, and I may fall asleep for a few days. I'll be ready to organize my Valentine's Day trip to Europe."

"A vacation, you know you won't see Rory, since even if she said she was in Europe, she may still be here." I stopped as I was forcing my hair to flow about my face, illuminating my face with a lovely radiance. I looked at her through the mirror.

"If Rory was still around, I'd probably run into her or the woman who stole her from me."

"They were in love for a long time. We all know it."

"No. You already know it. Not me."

******************

"I swear to God, if they bring that piece of trash to our family dinner, I'll kill myself." I growled, as I slammed Tali vehicle door. She cast a sneer at me. "What?!" I let out a hiss.

"Can you not make everything about yourself?"

"You don't have someone reducing your business money in half, so don't patronize me." I said." We entered the residence, and my immediate priority was to find my mother. But Tali had a grasp on me.

"What now?"

"Well, I'm a foreigner here; I've never been to one of these, so don't you think you should show me around before you rush off?"

I grumbled. Finding my mother in this maze of a mansion will have to be postponed. Tali stepped down the corridor, which was already crowded with relatives and close friends. I kept an eye out for my mother, but she was generally alone until the supper started.

"See people. People see Tali Beckford." I remarked, but no one seemed to be paying attention to us. "Who would you like me to introduce you to?"

"I'm not sure, I think the closer relatives." She shrugged. My gaze began to wander around the lavish area. My father once told me that he bought this house so that the family could assemble here every week for supper.

My gaze was fixed on Legend, Luca, and Ms. Angelo. I have yet to get her whole name. I didn't notice a name plate on her desk or door. Not with how I cursed at her.

In fact! What the fuck is she doing here? I've specifically instructed Legend and Luca to attempt to get rid of her.

"I'll introduce you to my brothers." I nodded across to where they were standing. They appeared to be enjoying the discourse Ms. Angelo was feeding their deafening ears. As everyone laughed. I despise this family and how treacherous they are.

Could she not walk properly? She walks about with a sleek black walking stick with a 180-degree hook on top.

"Yes!" Tali expressed her excitement. I know her enthusiasm stemmed from the fact that she believes she could hook up with both of them and perhaps run a threesome. Tali was a freak between the covers.

"Do not become overly thrilled. They don't really like white girls."

"What!" She exclaimed in disbelief. "They, too, are white."

"It is only their preference, just as you dislike pussy." We began making our way over. "Hey, legend and Luca." I made sure to be polite to whomever I was meeting, and I didn't even bat an eyelash at Angelo, who I stood slightly in front of. "Guys, I want you to meet my closest friend, Tali, and Tali, these are my brothers. Are you pleased now? But I have to go." I promptly replied. As I go back on track to find my mother.

This week's family meal was particularly large. Family dinners have been held for years, but I rarely go. I only came over when there was a family member I wanted to see.

"Hi, Mahira. It's been a long time." I felt a gentle hand touch me. I checked to see if it was one of my Aunties. She was the auntie with no children who was living the ideal in Beverly Hills and dressed like a diva. With her fur scarf over her neck, cosmetics on point, and clothing costing the equivalent of a monthly salary.

"You are looking as good as ever, Auntie Abel."

"You know, I just got off the plane. Do you see anything different?"

I examined her physique. She has had many body implantations, ranging from Botox to buttock lifts. My gaze was drawn to her thin waist, but it wasn't that; she had surgeons extract all fat from her belly years ago.

This results in her tummy having the look of a doll.

"Which is it? Butt raise." I remarked, glancing at her buttocks, which looked to be larger than I had recalled.

"No, sweetheart," she rolled her eyes. When she puckered her lips, I saw they were a little puffy. Don't tell me she went to get lip fillers.

"But you had gorgeous lips. Already filled. If anyone needs a lip filler, it's me." I spoke, pointing to my diminutive lips. I didn't believe in all of the cosmetic procedures since I didn't have an issue with my physique. But if there was one thing I could get rid of, it would be the bothersome freckles.

"Don't they look magnificent?" She asked. Her high cheeks resembled a crimson balloon about to explode as she grinned. I chuckled nervously, not wanting to be the one to inform her that her lips resemble an enormous asshole.

"Very wonderful."

"Of course, sweetie. One of a kind."

She was effectively swindling her money, and no one said anything to her. Why was I the only one who got whiplash from this?

"I will see you around, Auntie."