Chapter 18

Season 1 Episode 18

Mahira POV

Flashback

Lake Sanderson was beautiful. That is all I would say. She was attractive, and I was immediately envious; I could feel my heart heaving. Upon reflection, I've never felt more envious of a female who I was never given a decent introduction to. Yet. She was walking up, carrying a backpack on her sleeve-covered shoulder, her lovely, long caramelized hair blending in with her warm ivory skin tone. I stroked my black hair and realized that I was nothing like her in terms of appearance. Upon seeing Rory, she smiled. I recognized that grin, but I was too afraid to acknowledge it.

"Hey." She enthusiastically greeted Rory.

She was delighted to meet Rory, right? So was I when she left for too long. I was anxious not having her arms around me and her lips kissing me in unexpected places. I loved it, especially when she kissed my temple.

I leaned over to Rory, and I felt something stirring in the pit of my stomach. Rory leaned out to pull her nose, and they both laughed. She was never so engaging with me. We never argued. But we never play and laugh at dumb stuff. Now that I realized, we are always so uptight like a constipation, talking about our future.

"I want you to meet someone special to me."

Lake's magnificent crystal eyes put my ordinary green eyes to fucking shame, and I want to tear her eyeballs out and steal them for my own. Her smile faded slowly. Rory is definitely not noticing this. She gazed down at my arms, which were wrapped around Rory's upper arm.

She's mine!

My jaw clenched as I stared at her.

She's fucking mine!

I tighten my hold.

"This is my girlfriend, Mahira. Mahira, this is Lake."

"You're girlfriend?" Lake questioned. I groaned and rolled my eyes; of course, Rory had not told her we were dating. It'll probably never come up.

"It's nice to meet you." She fakes a smile.

"Same." I said.

She jokingly jabbed Rory in the vacant arm; I wish I could be in more than one place at once. I didn't want not one of her exquisite fibers to touch Rory.

"So, studying by my place tonight." Her attention settled on her rather than me. I freaking loathe her. She was lovely, and I despised it.

I raised an eyebrow.

"She is staying with me. She lives with me."

Lake's brow creased as she looked from me to her. "Uhm...ok?"

"Babe, I forgot to tell you. I was going to. That studying came up."

"Well you can study at home."

"Come on, babe. You know how distracting you are when I study around you." She whispered, lowering her lips to place a kiss on my cheek. Not my lips. I seized her face and buried a kiss on her lip, the iris of my eyes, turning to gaze at Lake, who was clearly jealous. I grinned, intensifying the kiss, and pulled Rory by her lumberjack shirt.

************

"Stop talking to her," I urged the moment we entered our penthouse.

"Who?" Rory questioned, confused.

"Her, Lake." I gritted. "Stopped seeing her. I can't stand her. She has a gloomy energy." Please, the girl was all brightness, butterflies, and angels. If anybody possessed dark energy, it would be me.

"Why?"

I sighed in frustration. Why? She should've just obeyed and said yes.

"Didn't you hear what I said?" I was certain I had answered her. I believe she meant, "I wasn't going to stop talking to her, because you said I shouldn't."

"Lake is my friend." She exclaimed in amazement.

"Can't you just stop talking to her?"

Come on, Mahira. Don't be ridiculous." She remarked, approaching to hug me, but I backed out of her reach.

"Do I look ridiculous to you or sound ridiculous or fucking smell ridiculous!"

"Look, you need to get to know her better. How about we go out, the three of us, and you'll see she's not that bad?"

"Just stop talking to her."

"Mahira. I will not stop talking to her because you have negative thoughts against her. She has been assisting me in class. She's kind, compassionate, and understanding."

"So I'm none of those things?"