Chapter 3

Feverr pon yuh punanny (only Caribbean people under-stab)

Season 1 Episode 3

Mahira POV

A rattling Xia crept inside my office. She slipped onto one of the chairs. "Ms. Angelo mentioned that she would like to meet you now before beginning her address on this floor."

"So, tell Miss Angelo that I don't want to see her disgusting face. Also, while you're back, could you bring me some coffee?"

She gives a concerned sigh. Today was a difficult day, as I spent the whole day hiding from her. Staring at the four corners of a red-decorated wall in the workplace was not the ideal place to hide.

"I don't work for you again."

"It's only coffee."

"Tell it to her." She rolled her eyes. "She stated no one should assist you until you present yourself in her office."

"Tell her that my daddy owns this corporation, thus that means—"

"It means nothing." Xia finished. "Your father built that tall brick wall. You either climb it or smash it down."

"So you're recommending that I get rid of her."

"A few of the employees said that they can't tolerate her. Her stare alone sent you to fucking paradise.

I began to remove the blue nail paint off my fingernails. "What do you think I should do?"

"I don't know. Something. Simply get rid of her."

"Are you suggesting I killed her?" I inquired in a tentative tone. Her eyes widen at my offer.

"Just put something unpleasant on her, and she'll be booted."

I groaned; I don't know how to think for myself. So, how am I going to magically plant anything on her? Even if I did, my aroma would linger all over it. If I did my job, I was sloppy.

"How is she?" I asked. "I know you want her to take leave, but how is her work ethic so far?"

"She's terrible. Her work ethic is outstanding. She is already on the phone with some huge corporation."

"I did that. I spoke with a huge corporation." I whimpered and crossed my hands over my breast. "It's simply that you're the ones that converse on the phone."

"She is autonomous." Xia's voice retained that amazed tone. "She's gorgeous, too."

I rolled my eyes and said, "Why don't you open your legs for her? Maybe she'll give you back your position, which was paying you well."

"Relax; I did not say I liked her. I just believe she looks cool and has a strong work ethic. She is also severe, which we on this floor dislike, so get rid of her."

"May I have everyone's attention please?" A voice yelled from outside my office. Xia, swiftly rise up. My brow wrinkled as I arched my head to peek through the panel glass from where I was sitting.

"Who is that?"

"That's her."

"Everyone, please stop working and gather around; I need to talk with you all!"

"What's she doing?" I asked slowly, standing.

"She is taking her territory."

"This isn't a battle; calm down." I spoke to Xia. Who swiftly limped out of my office, leaving the door open. The fucking slut. She did it on purpose. I take hesitant steps toward the door. All the workers on the floor were gathered together, murmuring. The woman, whom I thought to be Angelo, had her back to me.