Final Chapter

Season final

Mahira POV

The chilly air from the roof blasted across my bare shoulders. My flesh feels tightly hugged by the scarlet garment that hung off my shoulders. I grasped the picture that I had been clinging onto for so long; it was my most fundamental memory. The one memory that did not leave me so swiftly. I flipped the flames of my Plasma lighter, which faltered in the wind.

I looked at the photo once more. Since the day she departed, a picture of her and me at the roller rink has been on my desk. It sees my cries, hears them, and feels my agony. I couldn't believe one picture and I could go through thick and thin.

And yet, there I was, poised to blow everything up in flames.

"You know I love you. I will always love you, which is why I believe I should let it go. The memories will remain, particularly the positive ones. "But you were never be mine to keep." My teeth drew my red lips, and my tongue delicately licked the lipstick.

I grinned while glancing at her face. "You've changed. The girl I fell in love with was taken by someone else. However, if you were the girl who loved me, no one more beautiful than me would have turned their sight, even for a moment." This was the last of her, and I was eager to set it all on fire.

I flickered the flames again, this time gently placing it at the tail of the shot, the flame having yet to make contact and melt it into nothing.

"I am truly sorry for everything." I muttered, finally allowing the flame to contact the photo; it gently spread, first burning a portion of her arms and then quickly moving to her face. When her face was no longer visible and the heat of the flames was getting closer to my fingers, I placed it at my feet and watched as it burnt, the smoke swiveling into the chilly night.

That was it, my recollection of her, up in flames, turned to smoke, vanished with the wind, and now left with the ashes.

The roof door opened, and I raised an eyebrow at Sage. Her superbly crafted red and white suit stands out against her slim body. She walked over. I couldn't help smiling. The nicest thing about life is that as long as you are alive, you will always get a second opportunity. Whether it's love, retribution, or something else, it represents your second transition. You will receive it.

"I thought you couldn't climb stairs?" My interest was piqued when I noticed one of her hands tucked behind her back and the other resting on her cane.

"For you, I will do anything."

We both giggled, and I rolled my eyes. "Really." I strutted up to her. I attempted to hug her, but she pushed me away with her cane.

"No hugs. You believe you're smart, right?"

"What...I simply want to hug you, my favorite person in the world."

She chuckled, "You simply want to know what's behind my back."

"You had something behind your back?" I inquired in disbelief. "I didn't know that."

"I will show you." She said. Her hand slowly drew around, holding a single red rose. I gasped and laughed. "I assumed it was a gun." I smirked.

"I wouldn't kill my happiness, now would I?" She remarked, handing over the rose.

"I didn't realize I was your life and happiness. I muttered, drawing closer to her. She softly pushes my hair over my hair.

"Where did I say you were my life?" She asked.

"I mean, I bring you happiness, right? So that's the most important component in life." She pressed the green stem of the rose into my ears.

"I'm puzzled why you're up here and not the life of the party."

I exhaled, gently averting my attention to the starry sky. "Come on, you remember our previous date."

"I did. Us in bed right."

"Not that portion."

"Which part then?"

"The part where you declare that we would look out for each other from now on."

"I was just letting go and embracing in." I whispered, bringing her closer. "I enjoy the sound of it; I hope you aren't letting go of me."

I laughed: "You can't walk, remember, so I can't let you go."

"You're blind, so I can't let go either." She replied with a whisper.

"I'm not blind." I whined, from the cold. I snuggled deeper into her embrace. "So, what led you to ascend the stairs?"

"Well..." Her thumb moved beneath my chin, "I was hoping it wasn't too late for you to be my Valentines."

I rolled my eyes.

"It is too late." My lips pressed across her lips. I cried out of laughter as her possessive hand caressed me. "Chill, caveman."

"Well, will you be my Valentine?"

"Uhm..."

She kissed me before I could respond. "The answer is yes." She growled. I chuckled on her lip. "How are you so sure?"

"I am convinced you are now mine."