Chapter 19

Season 1 Episode 19

Mahira POV

"It feels like eons since I last saw you." My dad said. "How are things at the office?" He was aware of my misery, which is one of the reasons he knew I'd showed up to his golf course. He despises it when others interrupt his "me" time; it is a dreadful time for him, but a great moment for me. He'll grow upset and return my privilege.

"I hope you come to play." He gestured towards the standing golf bag, which was full with golf equipment's. Golf was not my sport; I always thought it was for elderly men with too much money.

"No thank you." I wasn't even in proper gear to play golf. I just want to run in and run out.

"So, dear, if you're not here to play golf, what are you doing here?" He whispered, intent on getting the ball into the hole, which wasn't far away.

"To talk with you."

"So, pick up a putter and let's get going. I hope you don't mind having more company."

"Which ext—"

"I didn't realize a gal like you played golf!"

"Daddy!" I whined, hearing Angelo's unpleasant, unsettling voice. It was Saturday. What was she doing here? I pivoted and observed her approaching on a golf cart as she crossed the little grassy slope. This bitch.

"What're you doing here?" I asked. Why can't I have a calm small one-on-one conversation with my father? If she was here, I wouldn't be able to suck my way into his head and grab what I wanted.

"Your father invited me, of course." She uploaded as she parked the tiny cart and hopped out, holding a cane of a different color; it appeared that the black one was for professional trips and work, while this anime-looking one was for times like these.

"Dad, it was meant to just be us."

"Oh no, Mahira. You simply popped up. She was invited."

"So you are just going to invite her to everything."

"Of course, since when I invited you and the boys, you guys declined."

"But I need to speak to you."

"Then play some golf."

I groaned and picked up a putter to inspect it; I knew nothing about this whacky and dull sport. Angelo stand behind me while I examine each golf stick carefully. They all had various looks; I just didn't know what their names were.

"You assumed I didn't know you were coming to see your father." She muttered, pressing into me. Her stinging breathing irritated the left side of my ears.

My dad was occupied with attempting to hit the ball into the hole, but it didn't appear to be working well for him. Regardless of how close the ball was to the hole. He sucked. And I'm left wondering why he's even playing it.

I slammed the hard of my elbow into her ribs, and I could hear the smartness gushed from her. She gripped my neck, enclosing her body around me so that my father couldn't see.

"I had no idea a handicapped person could play sports. Why don't you go home?" I moaned in struggle as her hold tightened. I couldn't help but smirk, despite the fact that my life felt like it was being choked out of me.

"How about you shut the fuck up." She snarled in my ear. "I understand how you think. After all, your thinking is so superficial."

"Go fuck yourself, Angelo." I attempted to jab her again, but she moved her body away. Fuck.

"You're so fucking weak; even with one hand, I can control you."

"Don't worry. You'll know who's weak when I hit you where it hurts one day.

"I'd love to see you try, beloved."

"Hey, folks! Are you ready?" My father shouted.

"Coming, Mr. Apis." She shouted. I hope I could smash her skull in with the golf stick. She gently let go, but I shoved her nonetheless.

I was like a panting bull by the time I got to my father. "What is wrong?"

"I'd like to chat to you privately, Dad. Without the troll." I growled, pointing back at the hoppy freak who was passing by. I can't bear her stupid, gorgeous face.

"Whatever you want to discuss, Mahira, the answer is no. It is for your own benefit."

"Taking my money and making me suffer isn't good. This is abuse, daddy.

"Daughter, I simply want you to be strong."

"I'm already powerful. I have learnt my lesson."

"It is not even a week yet. You haven't even gotten your income to begin budgeting with little or nothing. You just haven't learnt yet."