Chapter 24

Season 1 Episode 24

Mahira POV

I brushed away my tears as I moved on from the past. I could only hope that no one threw away the complete picture frame, because if they did, I was going to murder Angelo. I was going to cut off her head and throw it on a fucking stick, execution style, from the 1400s. I walk up and down the empty office. The guards threw me in and shut the door, treating me like a fucking prisoner. She has subsequently made her moves in this firm.

This was my father's enterprise; I never imagined I'd see the day when security tased me and pulled me out like a fucking trash.

Why would I have thought that? It was my father's firm. Neither her father nor anybody else's father. Mine.

I was going to knock her lights out if she let me. A part of me knows she won't let me meddle with the molecules that make up her gorgeous, structured face.

I could hear several footsteps walking down the empty hall; this portion of the corporation was still in its early stages. I wasn't quite sure what this side was for. But it was vacant, but not when the complete office was put up.

The keys jangled as it tugged the door, which opened seconds later. I scowled at my father and double, triple, quadruple-glared at Angelo. The two security guards stayed outside.

"Wow, daddy, you didn't need two security guards, much alone one."

"I don't want to hear this. Because you behaved like a freaking monkey today. So, of course, I must have security. How dare you vandalize the building.

"Seriously, dad. That is what the handicap told you."

The handicap lifted a brow. "Having a limp does not make me a handicap." She deadpanned.

"You don't notice me walking with a limp."

"Yet." She grinned. I offered her the fingers while rolling my eyes.

"Daddy I did not vandalize your company. I wanted my picture frame back; you know how important it is to me."

"Why did not you ask for the keys?"

"Yes, Ms. Apis, why didn't you ask for the key?" She sarcastically said.

"I did. I begged hard for the key. You fuckin cunt!" I hissed, lurching at her. I was about to scratch her gorgeous face up. It will mend, and I will scrape it up again.

She pushed the end of her cane out, and it violently poked my stomach. I snarled like a tiger. She always fucking wins. "That's why no-"

"Angelo, give us some room!" My dad said. She did not lower her cane, but instead backed away slowly, her gaze never leaving mine. A smirk scratched on her lips. She then gave a small wink, and then she closed the door.

"What were your thoughts today. I know the photo frame is OK; I had it put in a brand new frame."

When I heard this, I could not stop myself from hugging him. But it wasn't simply me dealing with a broken condition. Xia, too. The guilt of putting that girl out of a job was killing me. It's the second time I've ever felt so stinking guilty in my life.

"I haven't decided that yet—"

"A pussy." I grumbled and paced the office.

Pordon?" His feeble voice inquired. Oh, he assumed I wouldn't repeat it. I know that being furious does not get me what I want, and neither does being desperate. He just does not understand my point of view on anything.

"You are a motherfucking pussy."

"She cost this firm a much-needed clientele, and she's out until we get it back."

"Fired, huh? When did you begin listening to that filthy weirdo, huh?" The weirdo I slept with several times and will not stop for the time being. "She is harming our relationship, dad."

"She is doing what is best for the organization. I need four more of her."

"How can you need four additional handicaps, hobbling around?"

"She was not always like that." He exhaled. I grinned, going closer to my father, a phony sympathy expression on my face.

"Daddy, what happened? You can tell me." I giggled within.

He groaned again, "She was involved in a car accident with her wife and daughter. The wife, along with the kid died, and let's just say she'll be living with the limp for the rest of her life."

I could smell the wound, which wasn't quite closed, and I was going to probe about before ripping it apart.

"Oh, daddy, that's quite sad."

"She's lost everything. So she comes here, hoping for a fresh start. She will warm up in due time." Don't worry, I will warm her. I'll set her soul on fire.