Chapter 5

Season 1 Episode 5

Season 1 Episode 5

Mahira POV

After Tali left me off at work, I noticed Xia right away. She was fighting with a coffee holder and her extra-large snake leather purse. My finger ran over the quality, disregarding the fact that she was going to spill the entire coffee and maybe cause a disaster for herself.

"A little assistance here." She grumbled, as the heavy bag were swaying her one way and the coffee the other.

"Did you assist me yesterday when I requested lunch?" I gritted. We both stepped inside the elevator.

"Not fair, I was terrified to death of my new boss."

"Hmm... I will only help if one of those coffees is mine." I remarked, studying the Tim Horton's Valentine-themed cup. It was freckled with a black heart form. The entire place was inundated with one foolish day of love. The worst part was that we were in the middle of January, and everyone appeared to be obsessed with Valentines.

"None of these coffees are mine."

"Whose is it?"

"Ms. Angelo."

"She's in office already." I suddenly recalled, her almost catching up me in the corridor. Now I was only seconds away from facing her. But first, I needed to stay in my office for a little longer and give myself the talk.

"She is not." She grumbled and staggered around like a drunken idiot. I sighed as I took the not-so-heavy handbag. It was just larger than her frame. When I slipped it around my wrist, it just fit perfectly.

"I need this bag." But as my eyes focused in on the crudely sewn sides, I shuddered in disgust.

"She told me to make sure that four extremely hot cups of coffee were on her desk when she got there."

"That's rather subtle." I murmured. "I've never done it to you."

"Thanks for reminding me of my crazy existence, which has just begun." She exhaled.

"She had more people to fire today. At least you're not on the list. Fuck, she even wrote my name on there; one mistake and I was out the door."

"So buckle up, since I have no intentions to get rid of her? I said." We went out into the hectic floor. I assumed the chaos had ended after yesterday. "What now? Did they recruit another ground manager?"

"No, but everyone is attempting to complete their reports and files before she—" Xia became immobile. "Shit, she's here." The entire level fell quiet, as if a snow storm had passed through and frozen everyone. I started making my way through them.

I didn't care what was behind me, until a familiar voice called my name.

"Good Morning, Ms. Apis."

I inhaled. I plan to inform my father that this woman stayed in her office while I stayed at mine.