Chapter 22

Season 1 Episode 22

Mahira POV

As my eyes scanned my desk, I realized something was missing, but I couldn't place my finger on it. I had my pencil holder, a small cactus flower that I didn't water or provide sunshine to, and it looked to be surviving more than I was. The paperwork that Angelo insisted on heaping up on me, treating me like a filthy slave, were my new addition on my desk. There was something missing.

"Are you finished?" Angelo's painful voice to my ears spoke. We haven't spoken since we came up from my father's office. I can't believe my father has effectively taken her side. Xia deserved this position more than anybody else in this organization, but I wrecked her life.

"Why don't you remain over there and concentrate on your screen?

"I would concentrate on my screen if you weren't so busy doing nothing." I wasn't doing nothing, and she was causing me to lose concentration on what was missing from my desk. My staple was present. In my own office, the picture frame was usually located between the stapler and pencil holder.

My eyes widened as I realized I hadn't seen the picture of Rory and I snuggling together. We were at a roller rink when we took the photo, and it was the only date we'd gone on where Lake hadn't mysteriously shown.

Rory thought it her job to bring Lake to every one of our dates, and I despised it. I simply wanted to be alone with her. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was their date, not mine. I still love her, no matter what.

"Angelo, may I have the key to my office right now?" I demanded, standing up and approaching her desk, my hand extended for it. Under normal circumstances, I would assume she would reach for the key wherever it was hidden and hand it over to me. But this was life, and it was full of difficulties and challenges. Of course, Angelo was going to gaze at me blankly as I drummed my legs frantically on the tile floor.

"Don't question why; just know that I need it."

"No." She responded, as blank and icy as her eyes. I scowled, my hand clenched, ready to smack her in the face.

"No?" I questioned. I was too exhausted to march down to my father's office again and demand that this cripple, who looked so attractive just now, give me the blasted keys. However, my father would undoubtedly support her and portray me as the bad guy for requesting the key. But if I don't get this key, I'm tearing that fucking door down. I need that photo frame. That was the only lovely recollection I had of her. So, I begged.

With a desperate tone and look in my eyes, I leaned in and pleaded.

"Please, Angelo, there's something in there that I need."

"Mahira, the answer is still no."

"Please." I took her soft hands in mine and held them to my chin. I continued to beg. "Please let me win once and go in there and get something. It's really essential to me.

Her lips curved into a sardonic smile. I was like a bleeding man, and she could smell my blood. She could sense my yearning for whatever it was that I needed in that office. She knows. She doesn't know, but she does.

"I will suck your cock after hours." I whispered. She softly removed her hand from mine.

"You will suck my cock later on."

"Yes, just give me the darn key."

"Desperate, huh?"

I sighed. "Come on, Angelo." I could see that one final memory departing me if I simply left the photo frame alone. That picture represented my hope. My god. My everything. That picture, let me hang on, forever. Why? I love Rory. I will never cherish anyone the way I cherish Rory.

"The entire length of it."

"Everything. I'll take it all." I couldn't remember how I sucked the length of her big cock, but if I did it before, I could do it again.

"The answer remains no."

"What, why?"

"Because I said it. You are not permitted to be in that office. My orders."

"Bu-but I need it." I muttered, tears welling in my eyes. "I have to get that fucking photo frame." I exclaimed, exaggeratedly. I made to clutched at her shirt, but she escaped as the chair's wheels pushed her back. I snarled like a savage tiger, irritated that it didn't manage to grab its victim.

"Give me the fucking key." I barked, gritting my teeth.

She chuckled, evidently unfazed by my animalistic growls and antics. It was as if she had seen it all.

"Fine. I'll have to help myself." I said, grasping for her elegant black cane.

"Mahira, give it back."

"Give me the damn key, and then you handicap. You need this, correct?" I waved the cane, as she fought to stand up from her chair.

"No. I want you to give me my cane."

"No." I took the cane and walked away.

"I'm contacting security." She threatened. I ignored her and walked down the hall to my office. I tried bashing the door open with my body, but it didn't work. I grinned as I glanced at the cane and started hammering at the handle with its end.

"What're you doing?" Simon inquired.

"Breaking this fucking door open." I grunted, realizing smashing open a door wasn't as simple as it appeared in the movie.

"You shouldn't-"

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Shou—should I help?" He stammered. I groaned and shook my head; I couldn't bring him or anybody else down with me on this one as I did with Xia. "All of you, get back to work!" I shouted.

"Mahira!" Angelo shouted from down the corridor, jumping on one leg with her hand flat on the wall for support. "The security guards are approaching."

"Fuck you, Angelo!" I yelled, despite being out of breath. I pounded the handle harder and quicker. The door sprang open, and I dashed straight to the desk, where the lonely photo frame stood.

I swiftly grabbed it and clasped it to my chest, sighing, feeling the world fade away as I stared down at the unforgettable day. But then everything stopped, and I felt volts of electricity shoot through my body, causing me to drop the frame as if it were a hot volcanic rock.

"No!" I shouted as soon as I heard the glass rupture, and my body fell directly before the shreds.

"Pick her up and confine her in another office till her face appears." Angelo commands.

"No, my picture frame." I wailed as they grabbed me from the floor.

"It'll be okay." One of the guards spoke.