Chapter - 35

Abhimaan's POV

"Alright, schedule a meeting for tomorrow, and the rest we'll discuss in the office," I instructed Karan regarding some official matters after dinner in the small backyard of Aaruhi's home. Neil came over and handed me my coffee mug, and we stood silently sipping our coffee, enjoying the night breeze.

"So, you're leaving tomorrow," I asked. Neil nodded in confirmation.

"I am leaving, but only to come back," he replied with a light smile before elaborating. "In the past few days that I've been here, I've realized one thing: no matter how much I want to go away from my family, I still yearn to be with them. It might not make sense to you ,but it is what it is." He chuckled at his own admission. "So, I've decided that instead of staying thousands of miles away, where I have no one, I'll come back here and live with my family. This time, I'll go back only to settle things and come back soon."

I nodded slowly, understanding his sentiment. "If that's what you want," I replied.

There was a moment of silence before Neil continued, "But don't tell anyone, especially Aaru. I want to surprise them, and it might take some time for me to come back." I nodded in agreement.

"Do you ever reply, or just nod?" he asked, slightly irritated by my silent responses. Instead of replying, I simply looked at him and took a sip of my nearly finished coffee, causing him to shake his head as I mentally chuckled.

"Bhai," we both turned to look at Aaruhi as she came forward and stood beside me.

"Mumma papa are calling you," I informed him before he nodded and left.

"Thank you," Aaruhi said as she turned to face me.

"For what?"

"For making up with Bhai. I'm so happy to see you both getting along," she expressed, and I nodded slowly.

"You know, Biwi, this is not the right way to thank your husband," I said huskily as I snaked my arm around her lower back and slowly pulled her closer.

"Aan, someone will see," she whispered with a blush as she attempted to come out of my embrace.

I don't care , I replied .Not gonna happen, meri Jaan," I thought to myself seeing her attempting to come out of my hold and lightly tightened my hold around her. "Aan, leave me," she pleaded. "Never," I countered.

"I'd let you go if you'll properly thank me," I teased, enjoying the feeling of her in my arms. She looked at me with her puppy eyes. Damn . Don't look at me like this. I wouldn't be able control my Lil wife , but I wasnt giving up today , its a rare chance I have got . I ain't lettin' it go .

"How?" she whispered, finding no sign of relenting.

"Hmmm," I pretended to think, relishing her presence.

"Jaldiiiii," she instigated, and I chuckled.
(Fast)

"A kiss would suffice for now," I suggested mischievously. She gaped at me in surprise.

"What? No! I'm not gonna do anything like this," she protested.

"Ok then, I'm fine standing like this," I shrugged and pulled her closer to my chest.

"Aaruhi, Abhimaan," we both heard Neil call us inside.

Aan, Bhai is calling. Let me go," she pleaded, showing me her puppy eyes. It took everything in me to resist giving in to her.

"Kiss me, and I'll let you go," I said huskily, smirking. She thought for a moment before agreeing.

"Ok, close your eyes," she instructed.