DIVULGENCE 41

𝓙𝓪𝔂𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷 𝓩𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓼

I cleared my mind and hove a deep sigh. This is my last day in the HQ. I decided to resign and focus on my family. If ever I will continue my legacy, ako ang papalit kay Chief Gusion pero desisdo na ako.

"I'm proud of you, dude," Vale said, tapping my shoulder. "But your suit looks cheap," he then grimaced.

We are at the office while we are preparing for the press conference. Nakaupo ako sa swivel chair samantalang bahagyang nakaupo sa wooden table na kaharap ko si Vale Havier.

Hindi 'yon simpleng meeting lamang dahil makakasama namin ang media. We are going to discuss the serial killing in ACIS, Hexana Adrielle Esmeralda, and Chief Gusion's case.

"Shut it," I said, annoyed, and sent him glares. All he talks about is how cheap a stuff is. Can't he just don't mind it and focus on his own business?

"Anyway, Detective Alucard Zialent, Corporal Reece Sandoval, Sergeant Saurus Yadzhik, Corporal Mint Thriven, Detective Brint Verstte, and Sergeant Ruce Zacharias will arrive at eight o'clock," he informed.

"How about Louriel?" I queried. Hindi kami close ng kapatid niya pero lagi siyang kasama sa tuwing may interview sa media. I'm trying to divert our conversation to something more sensical.

"Oh, my baby sister? I haven't seen her for months now. She said that she's in Vatican City, and I don't have an idea why she's there." He shrugged his shoulders as if he really knew nothing.

He is still clueless about what happened between Lou and Reece. What if he finds out that her sister was raped by her cousin, Sandoval?

"She is not a baby anymore. She's twenty-six for Pete's sake!" naiiritang ani ko. Masyado siyang mahigpit kay Louriel na akala mo ay siya ang ama nito.

"She's still my baby, dude, and no one is allowed to court her," he said firmly as his eyes became dark.

"Tsk. What if your baby is having a baby?" pasimple ngunit makahulugan kong wika.

Louriel Aveline is two months pregnant at hindi rin siya makauwi sa Pilipinas dahil bawal siyang bumyahe. Hindi ko lang inaasahan na wala pang ideya so Vale na kalagayan ng kapatid. Malilintikan si Reece kapag nagkataon—I mean, malilintikan talaga siya dahil sa korte sila maghaharap ni Havier.

"What do you mean?" he asked, confused. He tilted his head as if he didn't understand what I was trying to imply.

I shook my head and said, "Nothing. I'm just asking the possibilities," palusot ko at sumandal sa swivel chair.

"Tsk. That will never happen unless she's married to a responsible man," he said, shaking his head as well. His face is crumpled, annoyed, and irritated with the idea of his sister having a baby.

"How about Reece? They look good together," pagbabasakali ko. I tapped my fingers on top of the table, making a harmonic sound.

"Sandoval? As in that police corporal from the East headquarters? Your stepsecond cousin?" he asked for an assurance and I hummed and nodded as a response. "No, no, not him," he said, shaking his hand. "I don't like him for Lou," he added as his face was distorted with disgust.

"Why? Reece is perfect for Louriel," depensa ko sa pinsan ko. Not as perfect as he thinks, though, my step cousin is still a human who has a number of flaws.

"Simply because he is your cousin and he's related to you," he reasoned out and hissed.

"Fuck you!" I replied flatly and almost rolled my eyeballs heavenward when he laughed his ass off. I was about to hit him when my phone rang. Nanlaki ang mga mata ko at nakaramdam ng kakaibang tuwa nang mabasa ang pangalan ng asawa ko sa screen.

I signaled for Vale to shut his mouth, and he did. Tumabi siya sa akin ngunit bahagya ko siyang tinulak palayo. He's invading my privacy.

"Wife? What's up?" nangingiting sagot ko sa tawag.

"Oh, your self-declared wife? I see," he asked, then nodded. Sinenyasan niya ako mauuna na siyang lumabas at sumunod na lamang. I simply nodded in response.

"Jayshin, stop sending my daughter gifts. You are spoiling her too much!" she roared from the other line.

"Look, I just want to satisfy her needs. Besides, I'm his father. That's my responsibility," pagdadahilan ko. I want to spoil Saber and Jayshie with everything.

"Nag-iisip ka ba? Hindi kailangan ng anak ko ng house and lot!" nauubusan ng pasensyang saad niya. Nai-imagine ko na ang galit niyang mukha.

"Wife--" I was cut off when she hung up. I tsked and glared at the screen of my phone. "Pasalamat ka mahal kita, tsk."

Napalingon ako sa pintuan nang may kumatok. Iniluwa nun si Mint na nakabihis ng aming typical na uniporme ngunit nangibabaw ang kumikinang niyang badge bilang Police Corporal. Not to mention that he was promoted last week, skipping one level in the hierarchy.

"Five minutes before the interview will start," he announced seriously. Seryoso siya at mukhang problemado sa kung saan. Something is odd with him, but I know it has nothing to do with Chief Gusion. This past few weeks, he seemed bothered by something. I don't know, and I don't want to ask him. I know Mint Thriven, magsasabi siya kapag ready na siya. I don't want to force or pressure him.

"Mm." I nodded and walked towards his direction. Sabay kaming tumungo sa pres conference room.

I acknowledge everyone's attendance and address the leaders and officials behind our success. Without their help and support, I can't end and divulge the case by myself. I stood firm and cleared my throat. I plastered a small smile as the newshounds flashed their cameras. I leaned on the lectern and tested the lapel that was provided.

Bahagyang tumaas ang kilay ko nang mamataan ang iilang estudyanteng naka-uniporme ng ACIS sa likurang bahagi. Schy Chadler and Wybie Berserker waved their hands and mouthed 'pa-shout out' which I will definitely not definitely do what they have asked. If I did, that would be a shame, not for them but for myself.

All SSG officers and a few students from ACIS came. Nakaramdam ako ng tuwa ng makita silang lahat; ang presensya nila any malaking puntos para ipakita ang kanilang suporta sa aming team. Ang mga batang sumama sa akin sa paglutas ng misteryo sa naturang Christian school at narito upang making sa aking report.

And Saber Zene Zacharias was also here, which made my heart flutter even more. The DNA test stated and confirmed that it was my flesh and blood. He is my son. Ang problema lamang ay hindi ko alam kung kanino ko siya anak. Kahit ilang beses kong tanungin si Vale at wala talaga siyang balak na sabihin sa akin. I even bribe him with expensive stuff and luxuries, but I end up with his insult na baka mumurahin ang ibigay ko sa kaniya dahil ayon sa kaniyang perspective ay mahirap ako.

"Hexana Adrielle Esmeralda, a famous and highest-paid model in Asia, took suicide within the ACIS campus by stabbing herself using a scalpel during the theatrical play. The case was not revealed in public since the management, Selena Esmeralda hid it to maintain the school's reputation. The investigation took months to divulge that everything happened behind the scenes because a police chief as well as the legal husband of the director of ACIS formed an ally. Chief Gusion Esmeralda protected his wife at all costs, which is why our investigation always comes to an end." Sinabi ko na lahat ng detalye upang hindi na sila magbato ng mga katanungan. As early as possible, I want to end the interview because I have something important to do.

𝚁𝚢𝚔𝚎𝚛𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗