Masquerade: Part 3

Please comment.

[Cuts to a worn-out Angel Dust returning to the Hotel while groaning. Charlie awkwardly waves at him but is ignored, (Name) rubs her shoulder in comfort. Angel drops himself on a stool next to Husks' bar as he cleans a glass cup.]

Angel Dust:  "Eugh, I need a drink. The hardest you can make."

Husk: "Hmm, you look like shit."

Angel Dust: "[Takes a deep breath and regains his cocky smile.] Pfft, not possible. Just a long shoot, nothin' new. [Husk rolls his eyes as soon as he pours the liquor. Angel snatches the glass and gulps down the alcohol but leaving a small portion spilled.] Eugh, I said a strong one."

Husk: "Excuse me. Didn't realize this was a "drinking to forget" kind of night."

Angel Dust: "Oh, I forgot. You're the wise old bartender who's seen it all. Get the fuck over yourself and pour me real drink. [Angel uses the tip of his index finger and pours the full cup of alcohol.]"

Husk: "Look, if you've got a problem, you're not going to find the solution at the bottom of a bottle. I should know, I've been looking there a long time. [Husk cleans and wipes down the spilled alcohol.]"

[Angel takes a deep breath, smooths his hair back and slips into his porn star persona.]

Angel Dust: "Oh sure, and where should I Iook? Hmm? [sexily] In your bedroom, maybe? [Husk flinches and stiffens.] Under the covers? [Angel shakes his shoulders suggestively as Husk cringes back.] Maybe we can go look together. [Husk unknowingly purrs as his eye twitches he holds up his hand, gesturing Angel to stop, already feeling annoyed.]"

Husk: "Don't. Even start."

(Name): "Angel come on leave husk alone. And husk cut angel some slack he's tired."

Husk: "well I'm sorry sweetheart but I'm tired too. Tired of his shit."

Angel Dust: "Oh, c'mon, I bet I can make those wings flap! [Angel grabs one of Husk's wings, spreading it out before he wraps it around himself.]"

Husk: "[Pushes Angel off of him back onto the stool as the bottle of alcohol slips from his grasp and smashes onto the floorboards, spilling.] STOP! Fucking Christ! [Angel scowls at him.] You can cut the act already. [Places both hands on the countertop.] It's never going to work on me. [Rolls eyes.] So all you're doing is makin' an ass out of yourself with this fake bullshit."

[Angel now agitated and filled with rage.]

Angel Dust: "[Shouts angrily as his pupils and freckles glow a dark neon magenta, taking the appearance of additional eyes. Angel gets up in Husk's face.] Call me fake one more time, muthafucka!! I DARE you!!"

Husk: "[Leans close to Angel and uses index finger to poke his chest fluff.] Fake. [Smiles smugly.]"

Angel Dust: "Fuckin asshole- [Bumps into the bar ceiling, holding his head with his hands as he falls back off of the stool and lands on the floor.] Arrgh! God!"

(Name): "ANGEL. [goes over to check on him.]"

Husk: "[Leans over the bar counter to stare down at him.] Ya done?"

Angel Dust: "[Growls angrily and pushes (Name) away.] Ya know what?!? You would be fucking lucky to get a chance to fuck me! [Throws the half-broken bottle of alcohol at Husk but misses as Husk stares unamused and unimpressed.] Ya know how much I'm worth?!? You know how many people would kill to have Angel Dust come onto them?!? FUCK YOU. Have fun being a lonely piece of shit!"

[Angel storms out of the hotel, pushing past Vaggie.]

Vaggie: "Woah-- The hell? Angel, where are you going?"

Angel Dust: "[Offscreen.] Out! [Door slams.]"

Vaggie: "Husk, what did you do?"

Husk: "[Deadpanned and shrugged.] Made him a drink."

(Name): "Husk come on he's going through a lot right now."

Husk: "And what is he going through."

(Name): "It's not my place to tell you."

Charlie: "[Worried.] Oh, no. He looks really upset."

Husk: "[Waves off, dismissively.] It's just Angel. He'll be fine."

Charlie: "I'm not so sure. I really messed up at the studio today and he got... Ugh, it was... It wasn't good, okay?"

(Name): "Charlie it wasn't your fault; it was an accident."

Charlie: "Yes it was (Name), I should have listened to you and stayed out of it."

[Vaggie tucks Charlie's hair behind her ear and gives her a reassuringly smile, then turns to Husk.]

Vaggie: ["sarcastically] Gee, sounds like someone should go after him..."

[Husk just stares and blinks blankly.]

Vaggie: "Someone named "Husk".

Husk: "Oh, you gotta be fucking kidding me. Why don't you go if you're so worried?"

Vaggie: "Because I'm not the one who sent him storming out. You caused it. You drag him back."

Charlie: "No! No... Don't force him back. Just make sure he's safe. I pushed too hard earlier and... I only made things worse. Look, he'll come back when he's ready. I just don't want anything to happen to him until then."

[Husk growls.]

Charlie: "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go write one hundred apology letters and a lesson planned for tomorrow about... Boundaries."

[Husk rolls his eyes and slumps forward while whining like a cat.]

(Name): "I'll go with your husk. I think I know where he might have wound up."