Final Words(Please Read)

I know, I knowwwwwwww, very sad ending.

It is important that we acknowledge the innocence and naivety of young girls especially teenage girls. I was fifteen when I began this novel. It was fun and cute. I'm now twenty years of age. When I went back to reread what I had rewritten all those years ago I realized that within Collae and Theos relationship there were many flaws so I chose to further deepen their relationship and explore young love.

It is very easy for young girls to be pursued by older men. Not saying that Theo is a villain considering he is also still a young man. However, it is easy for these relationships to turn into turmoil due to lack of guidance and traumas.

As I'm sure people noticed the story started off cute and sweet and then shit done got serious quick. That's the reality for a lot of young love. It hurts me to see teenagers got through hardships like this and I wanted to bring awareness to it.

Theo came from a loving home and could be considered spoiled. He was privileged and could have anything he wanted.

Collae lived with her grandmother and missed out on growing with her mother and father by her side. This created long trauma and made her vulnerable. Although she tried her best to keep her walls up she never experienced someone pursue her like Theo.(I hate the struggling black woman trope but it's a reality for so many of us.)

I didn't mean want to give Collae a dark storyline because black women endure so much trauma. However I wanted to highlight trauma that gets overshadowed. I didn't want this to be a cliche overall happy ending kind of book. It doesn't seem realistic. But coming from a background myself of never having things go right in life. It's so easy to lose hope and fall into a deep hole of depression and wonder why things keep happening to you.

It's all about your journey and how you shape your life. Collae found love her rock. Which was Theo, he hurt her and as many young men do to the women they love. And this is in no way me saying go back to men that hurt and disrespect you. This is where her age and lack of experience comes in. Her love that she felt for him was so strong that she never felt in her life that she went back with him. She didn't know any better.

Theo was one hundred percent remorseful and saw this as the girl he wanted for life and changed. This doesn't happen often but it does. I've seen and lived it.

She had to deal with heartbreak more than once in her life and she's going to grow and be expected to be strong because of what's she's been through. She shouldn't have to do it alone which is why I didn't break off her support systems such as Theo, his mother, her grandmother and Kaitlyn. Black women shouldn't have to be alone. They are capable of being loved through any traumas. They should be able to be vulnerable.

Theo is a young man who was trying to figure out who he was and what type of man he wanted to be, when a person has pretty much everything what they can't have(Which would be Collae) becomes an obsession. It becomes almost toxic with how thoughts are consumed about one person. You could say Theo has obsessive love disorder. Some will say it's bad others prefer men who are all about them. In this case it could be both but that's up to you guys as readers to decide.

In the end Theo and Collae ended up making things work between them and of course there are going to be challenges because of college. And In the end love is everything, everyone makes mistakes, some situations are shitty situations that we can conquer and we have to be respectful of everyone's wishes and choices.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my book and how PATIENT my loyal readers were cause lord knows it's been a long five years if you're still here wow. That's really love, cause I know I would've been said fuck me. But all jokes aside everyone I hope you enjoyed the book, there won't be a sequel I'm looking to get into something completely different in the future.

❤️❤️❤️

-Lanaxbby/Lanaeilia