Chapter 43

Theo POV

Collae crept in my room giving me a look. She closed the door behind her placing her hands on her hips. It looked like she had been crying

"What?" I asked.

"Why did you put your mom up to that?" she sniffled. I immediately stood up to hold her. Her arms gradually came up to my mid back.

"What happened, did she say something to hurt your feelings?" I started to regret thinking my mom was the right person for this. I hope she didn't make things worse for her.

"You're lucky to have a mom like that," her arms fell at her sides before walking around me to sit my bed. I missed seeing her in my room, in my space. It had been so long. I went to sit beside her moving her long braids out her face.

"I never told you how much I love your hair like this, you don't usually have it in braids," I admired her.

"Yeah my nana did it for me, I've just been too lazy to deal with my hair," she played with one of them. They looked good to pull on but I knew now was not the time.

"You're so pretty Lae," I brought my hand up to her cheek and she paused before mushing her face into it. My hand pretty much could cover a whole side of her face. She took her hand and rested it on my thigh. Her face scrunched.

"I really like all the nicknames you have for me, even that ridiculous cauliflower," she laughed. I loved her laugh when she was happy. It seemed like she was feeling better after her chat with my mom. I wondered what they talked about. I wouldn't impede since that was a private conversation between them.

"I've missed you mon ange," I played in her hair n
some more.

"I've missed you too," she huffed, "I really didn't want to admit it because I'm scared, and not sure that it's right to miss you but I know you're human just like me and I'm willing to start over."

Just like that it felt like we were falling in love all over again.

"If only you knew how long I've been waiting for you to say that," I kissed her temple.

"Theo I really want this to work okay, we'll deal with the bumps as we go but right now I don't want to waste any time before you go away," her smile fell. I knew me going away was taking a toll on her.

"Do you want me to stay?" I asked her honestly and willing to for her.

"I would never ask you to do that, Theo this is life changing for you and so many peoples dreams, I couldn't ask you to do that," She shook her head.

"I'd do it for our family, it's more important."

"Really Theo, I want you to go, I'm going to miss you but we could always visit each other as much as we can, I've seen it done before," she held my hands. Her hope and faith in us was just as strong as mine. If we both stayed on the same page this would work. There was nothing more I wanted than that.

"Does this mean I can ask you to be my girlfriend again?" I smiled at her.

"If you promise to never embarrass me again," She rolled her eyes.

"I promise, I also have something for you," I pulled out a small jewelry box, "I still have your other necklace that you threw at me, but this is a gift."

"Theo," she laughed, "You literally had a bouquet of roses with money in it delivered to my door, along with a new pair of sneakers, how many more gifts are there

"I know but you deserve it and this one's more personal," I gestured for her to open it. I hoped she would like it. She opened the box staring at the gold locket before opening it. She smiled once she saw the picture.