Chapter 12

Theo POV

It had been a few days since Harrisons party and I'd yet to tell any of my friends about it yet. Her face doesn't stop finding a way into my brain. I don't stop thinking about her and your secret personality that I cant wait to discover, Collae might try and seem cold but I can see she's hiding things that affect her daily.

"Don, don't tell the guys yet but I think I really do like Collae, I can't stop thinking about her," I bounced a basketball while sitting on a bench.

" You're starting to seem desperate," his forehead creased, "What is so special about this girl that you're still so hung up on her?"

"Well, you don't know something," I smiled, "After Harrison's party I brought her home and she spent the night with me."

"Y'all fucked?" Don jumped off the bench.

"No, I just let her spend the night cause she couldn't go home, I didn't even sleep in the same bed as her, relax," I chuckled and he sat back down.

"Wow, I really don't even recognize this Theo, is this what they call change?" he made fun of me, "I thought she was mean though." I shoved him.

"She is, but I kind of like it, she makes me not feel so angry all the time y'know," I shrugged. My anger was no secret, I've done things that I regretted.

"Theo, it was one time, stop beating yourself up for it, and it's not like dude ain't deserve it," he shrugged, he probably knew my mind went back to that day. The day that could've changed my life forever. I was seventeen at the time when I beat up another student from a different school pretty bad, we got into it and said things about my mother not being from here along other disrespectful comments and I just blacked out.

"I know but I couldn't stop, I could've killed him." Trying to keep the chilling memory suppressed in my brain, I shook my thoughts away.

"Well you didn't, you haven't had an episode like that since, you're doing great, and if you actually try to stick with Collae, maybe that part of you will pipe down for good."

"Maybe you're right, after I leave here I'ma call her and see if she can hangout tonight, decided on bowling." I pulled out my phone to check the time.

"Bowling?" He busted out laughing, "Bro, that's the most boring date anyone could have."

"I know, it was my mom's idea," I chuckled and pinched the bridge of my nose, "She thought it would be a good way for us to talk."

"Mama, Da Silva knows best," he smirked.

"Stop thinking about my mom, weirdo."

~~~

     I got back home exhausted from practicing, Adrian was actually just sitting, I thought it was too good to be true, but he was just sitting watching spongebob.

     "Hey...Adrian..." I said carefully sitting down next to him.

     "Hello Theo," he waved at me and continued to watch TV. What the hell? He must be in trouble.

     "You okay?"

     "I'm fine," he said dryly. Oh...kay. I stood up and walked upstairs, my mom was walking down the hallway.

     "Hey mom? What's wrong with Adrian?" I pointed down the stairs with my thumb. She laughed.

     "He got a little pow pow because he peed on Amalie's bed, like I watched him do it," she scoffed.

     "Not surprised," I pursed my lips together. Enzo walked out of his room and we just glared at each other.

     "Enzo."