Chapter 37

Theo POV

Anger wasn't the right word to describe what I was feeling. I knew from the jump that Harrison meant no good. There's always been stories that I've heard about Harrison forcing himself onto girls. There had never been any proof but I never denied it.

I wish I could've got to her sooner. The fact that the jackass was able to remove her clothes made me fume. Jake knew and heard about the stories. Yet he still let them go into a room together.

It didn't matter if me and her were still broken up. How could he not try to prevent the girl who he knows I love from being in a dangerous situation? I really couldn't trust anyone when it came to her. I wish she had listened to me when I told her Harrison wasn't who she thought he was. I wish she listened when I said he wasn't a good guy. He used her. He made her think he was her friend. When in reality he only ever had one plan, and that was to take advantage of her.

Once Gia told me about them I drove there immediately with Tommy's car. Jake had texted me while I was on my way to the party I had heard them keep lowkey, he was there and let me know he just saw her walk in I ran stop signs to get there as fast as I could.

I thought that maybe since she was with Kaitlyn she would stay with her the whole time. Once I arrived at the party and she told me they went into a room together my anxiety levels jumped.

My instincts had been right about him the entire time. I wish she would've told me she was coming here because I would've begged her to stay home. I knew she wouldn't have listened to me but I could've at least avoided all this. I should've told her there was rumors about him from the beginning.

Now she was hurting and traumatized. I didn't know how to help her. All I could do was offer my comfort and let her know that I'd kill Harrison if she wanted me to. The scary part about it is that I could feel his life slipping away from underneath my hands and I didn't want to let go. If Jake wasn't there to stop me who knows where'd I'd be right now.

"How are you doing?" I rubbed her back while she stayed still cuddled into me. This wasn't what I imagined our situation would be when she was in my arms again. I wanted to make her feel safe.

"I'm okay Theo, you don't have to ask me every ten minutes," she chuckled. I could tell by her tone of voice she still was shaken up, "You came just in time."

"Do you need anything from me?" I pulled my blanket up over her shoulder. We've been laying here for the night she told her nana she was sleeping at Kaitlyn's. I don't know what I would've done if Harrison got to her. I don't know what made him think to even try something like this.

"No Theo, this is good right now," she snuggled up closer to me watching the TV. Her hand rested on my stomach. She would often grip my t-shirt at random moments. I knew he had hurt her but I knew she needed me here.

"Do you want to press charges ?" I tucked her hair behind her ear, "He can't get away with this Collae."

"No, I just- I really don't want to talk about this anymore tonight Theo, it's over," she hissed at me smashing her fist into the bed. I backed off, she was sensitive to the topic right now and I understood.

"Okay, I'm sorry," I sighed and remained silent. I didn't know what to say to her. I felt helpless. I was feeling frustration and sadness for her.

"Thank you really Theo, " She sniffled, "I've missed this you know."

"Missed what?"

"Being in your arms..." She looked up at me. There was that sparkle that I become familiar with. She could be sad and her eyes still had those dark pools glowing at me.

"I've probably missed it more, I'm sure you've noticed my heart rate hasn't slowed since you got in this bed with me," I laughed.

"This doesn't mean we're back together," she pointed a finger at me. I knew it wasn't. I had to ask her to be my girlfriend again. I wanted to do it right. I wasn't going to take advantage of this moment to win her back. Right now she needed comfort. I was happy she chose me to be with. I wouldn't have even been able to sleep if she went home with Kaitlyn.

"I know cauliflower," I kissed her forehead lightly, "I know these aren't the circumstances you want to be in, but I'm really happy you're here." She didn't say anything just snuggled back into me. We ended up falling asleep together that night. I held her in my arms tightly and I didn't care if I would wake up with neck pain. I wouldn't move from this position.

~~~

"I have a doctor's appointment at twelve-thirty do you think you could take me?" Collae asked as we brushed our teeth in the bathroom together.

"Yeah of course, you don't have to ask me that," I said with my mouth full of toothpaste. She giggled and shook her head. I loved making her laugh and smile. I spit out my tooth paste and rubbed her back.

"Thank you."

After speaking to my parents they didn't hover over her knowing she needed space. They didn't mind her spending the night at the house because they just wanted her to be safe and in a safe space.

We drove to the doctors with just the radio playing. I would look over from time to time and would catch her looking at me. Things were tense with us.

"Can I come in with you?" The car was parked in front of the building. I was going to wait for her here if she said no. She was in her thoughts for a moment.

"If you want, you don't have to," she shrugged getting out the car and closing it behind her. Of course I wanted to go in. I still haven't seen the sonogram of the baby.

"Hello Collae,  and you are ...?" Her primary doctor invited us into the small room ready to exam her.

"Theodore," I nodded shaking her hand.

"And what's your relationship to Collae?"

"I'm the father," I smiled at her before taking a seat in the extra chair next to the long examination table Collae sat in.

"Beautiful. Well today we're just going to see how the little one is doing, an ultrasound and urine sample," She grabbed a pair of gloves, "We'll see your urine sample results in a few."

Collae laid down on the table and reached for my hand. Accepting the gesture I slipped mine in hers. The doctor grabbed a bottle and squirted some of the ultrasound gel onto her stomach. She massaged it spreading it around her belly before firmly pressing an object against it displaying on a screen on front of us.

"This is pretty cool," My inside thoughts escaped my mouth, I could only think about my dad having to do this four times, and one of those times he's seen a set a twins.

"Isn't it," the doctor chuckled, "Everything looks good mom and dad. It's still too early to see the gender."

"That's okay, we can wait," Collae smiled at her and I smiled at Collae. To believe there was a tiny little human growing inside of her right now was insane for me to process, not because I've never seen an infant but the fact that it was both a mix of me and her. I never imagined this would be my life right now.