Chapter 11

Theo POV

     "Since when did you like black girls?" My mom gawped at me and I rolled my eyes. I dropped off Collae at her friends house, Unfortunately, I couldn't spend the time I wanted to with her because her phone was blown up full of messages asking about her whereabouts, she started to panic and demanded to be dropped at Laylas so of course I did that for her.

I looked at my mom awkwardly not knowing how to respond to her question.

I'm sorry honey, I should've reworded my question better," I assumed she noticed my discomfort, "I'm just so used to seeing you with blondes and brunettes, do you have good intentions with this girl? She's a beautiful girl but she looks young, ma chérie."

     "Well, what I know is that think I like Collae and she is black, so yes I like a black girl, that's not a problem right?" I asked while she was preparing dinner.

     "Theodore, I don't care who you like, love has no color, in fact you're not the only one in this house who's exploring," she smirked and I furrowed my eyes.

     "One of the twins?" I question, almost feeling a sense of protectiveness if it was Ella.

     "Enzo, I caught him walking home with a pretty little Indian girl, they were just adorable," my mom smiled. My mom wasn't very judgmental when it came to us. No matter how much we might've got on her nerves she always supported us.

     "That's who he's been arguing with on the phone," I laughed, "Just last week I heard him yell 'she sent the picture to me, I didn't ask for it!' I just figured he was talking to one of his friends."

     "What kind of picture?" My mom stopped cutting up some peppers. Shit. My mom isn't too familiar with social media and what middle school girls are doing these days.

     "Um I don't know, probably just some selfies," I chuckled uncontrollably. I didn't want Enzo to get in trouble. If mom found out some girl sent him nudes she would have his head. It's pretty sad that thirteen year olds are doing that anyways.

     "Oh okay," she continued to cook and I let out a sigh.

     "So mom, I want to take Collae on a date but a friendly date y'know, nothing too crazy but something good enough to get her to open up to me a but," I moved my head side to side,"I want to do something nice for her, mom I don't know that much about her yet just that she is shy, stubborn, and sensitive, and maybe even a little mean."

     "So you wanna get to know her?" I nodded, "Take her bowling, there's nothing more boring than bowling you'll be forced to talk."

     "I hate bowling, you know that," I deadpanned.

     "I know, that's why I suggested it," she chuckled, "First things first with dating girls, do stuff you hate!"

     "Mom I've dated before," I rolled my eyes.

     "Your weekly relationships don't count honey, I've only ever met like two of your temporary girlfriends, and you've never spoke about them like the way you speak about Collae," she hummed and I smiled, "Honey your red is showing."

     "Alright mom, thank you for the advice, I'm gonna go see what the twins are up to and then I'm gonna go practice with Don"

     "I haven't seen Tommy in a while, you guys okay?" She suddenly asked.

     "Yeah we're good, we've just been busy we haven't had time to hang out really," I shrugged and she didn't say anything. Little does she know me and Tommy were just together last night, obviously not hanging out but I did miss my best friend, I might've been too occupied with Collae lately.