Chapter 13

Collae POV

Ever since I was a child I've been told that I could be distant and to myself. I could feel it myself too when I found myself straying away from others. It's weird because, most of the time I felt a bit bitter about it, but I preferred to protect my peace from others.

Theodore had never noticed me before and I've been going to school with him for the last year and a few months now. It took him nearly knocking the wind out of me to notice me I guess. I never really had looked at Theo as someone I'd be interested in seeming as he wasn't my type but I always thought he was cute. Being an upperclassmen and an athlete Theo definitely got attention from a large percentage of the school considering it's not a huge student population.

I've had my share of boys before but nothing ever serious, it wasn't worth it to me. Yeah I of course saw myself being intimate with someone, I just heard so much about young love that its means for a heartbreak. My hearts been broke enough and I've worked really hard to heal myself.

I didn't know if it's Theo's persistence or my curiosity that made me enjoy him kind of bothering me all the time. Even if I didn't want to admit it. I've never really had attention like this before, especially from someone like him. I couldn't help but wonder what it was about me that made him like me, or so he says. My nana has always given me lessons about men and boys growing up because she claims she's seen her fair share of men, and if there's one thing she always taught me, is that most men are only physically intimate and are selfish.

I enjoyed being in my own space but it's something about when he just impedes it I cant help but get a little nervous. Theodore was an attractive guy, I barely knew him but I had heard rumors about him. A little while ago people were saying he got into an altercation with someone over the summer but I'm not sure of the details. Other than that and the fact that he's been said to mess with a lot of girls, I don't really know much about him besides what my friends know and what he chooses to put on social media.

I'm not a stalker but I do find myself on his pages looking through his comments and likes from a fake page, and let's just say me and him live completely different lives. I did block him but I chose to unblock shortly after feeling like a bitch trying to run away from him. I wasn't sure if I was starting to like Theo or if I was just interested in seeing what his intentions were with me. He's a senior and I'm a sophomore. I just didn't see how in his words, becoming friends and seeing where it goes would benefit either of us. For him to be pushing this and it not be just about sex, again his word, maybe he did like me. I still had to be very cautious of how much of me I give to him so I can't get hurt.

After my FaceTime call with him last night I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was this red headed man telling me he wants to see where things go with me. We've been having these on and off moments for a little over about month now. Christmas break was coming soon and we'd soon be in a new year. I wish I got excited for Christmas and new years as much as I did when I was younger but I just find myself seeing them as another day now.

Theo definitely makes me feel a way. I haven't said anything to him yet but I'm curious to how an afternoon would be with him just us alone. If he's willing to skip practice for me I mine as well see why. Everyone knows how good of a player he and Donatai is, it would be stupid for him to risk getting into a good school for not being focused fully but that wasn't my place to tell him that, plus I doubt he'd listen to me anyway.

"Goodmorning nanaboo," I yawned stretching my arms above my head and placing a soft kiss to my grandmother. My grandma was my primary caretaker and has been since I was twelve. She's a younger grandma and I'm blessed that she's in good health.

"Morning Lae, you hungry?" She asked me while making some pancakes. I shrugged not feeling so hungry and grabbed a cup out the cabinet, "Girl how many times have I told you to use your words?"