Chapter 5

Theo POV

Friday

"You think she'll actually show up? She's really stubborn," I asked Gabriel. He was the friend I went to for advice, he didn't laugh at me all the time. I could relate to Gabe sometimes knowing that we both have a parent who didn't grow up in the states, and how different things are here compared to home. Even though I wasn't born in France, it still felt like half my home. My mother brought us there sometimes to see her family that resided there, it's not what everyone hyped it up to be but it's still a place of warmth for my family.

"If you say she's always with her friends then she'll be here, girls always travel in packs," he chuckled.

"Okay, Gabe can I be honest with you? I don't wanna tell the other guys this, not even Tommy yet, so keep this to yourself," I stared at him ensuring he wouldn't say anything.

"Okay, you have my word," he chuckled.

  "I think I might have a crush on this girl," I quickly said and looked away, "I woke up this morning to her instagram page opened on my phone."

     "Collae?" He asked and I nodded, "She is one fine ass girl," I glared at him, " But you barely know her, and she's a sophomore, how could you possibly be crushing?" He was right maybe I didn't know the line between liking and attraction.

     "I know Gabe but I'm really starting to not care about age anymore, I want to get to know her though, I don't know what it is but I'm really trying to get more than just the surface with her, maybe its the rejection?" I shrugged really wondering what had me so hung up over this.

     "Okay, you're clearly sprung," he said scooting away from me. I started to see images of us with our bodies close together and me pleasing her.

"Hello, Theo?" Gabriel waved his hand in my face, "You heard me?"

"Huh? What?"

"I said they're here," I looked out the window. A foreign feeling in my chest waved over me and I looked at the time on my phone.

"Huh? Already? Tommy said eight! It's eight sharp! How do I look?" I connected all my sentences.

"Relax Theo, and you look like a white boy who's about to go bag a bad bitch," he laughed.

"She's not a bitch," I corrected him. She was definitely a bitch but I wasn't going to let anyone call her that.

"Oh sorry," Gabriel laughed.

"But she is bad," I giggled.

Me and Gabriel finally left Tommy's room, Tommy, Don, Jack, Jeremiah and Gabe all invited their temporary person. There wouldn't be that many people here which worried me because I felt it would make things awkward with me and Collae but I was just ready to finally interact with her outside of school grounds.

"Hey...you must be Collae?" I heard Jack answer the door from the kitchen and I made my way out.

Locking eyes with Collae, I winked at her with a drink in my hand and she quickly turned away. Her friends looked around the room looking uncomfortable probably because they were the only sophomores here. I'm not sure why girls read too much into situations when I can guarantee them that what their thinking we're thinking, wasn't it.

After some awkward introductions with the girls, they finally had a seat on one of the couches. The rest of the people gradually started to come in. Everyone was mingling.

Feeling bold I got up and walked over to her and sat really close. Her friends' eyes nearly popped out their heads as they looked back and forth at me and Collae. I waited for her to try and move a bit away but she stayed put. This was the closest I had ever been to her and it felt funny to be sitting next to her like this. I'm not a nervous person and usually this would be a lot easier for me.