Chapter 31

Theo POV

It had been a full month of me and Collae being broken up, after seeing her at the movies a week back I finally accepted she was done with me. I broke her heart and was out with another girl not even a month later. I was continuously digging myself deeper and deeper. I couldn't crawl my way out.

My heart will always have a place for Collae, I never felt emotions toward anyone as strong as I did her.

"Cmon Theo, you can't sulk forever," Don threw his head back. We had won state and we were celebrating, I was able to pull through the game but all my feelings rushed back as soon as I started drinking again.

"Don, I'm really trying, I just lost my first love, I don't know what to do," I sighed.

"Well were at a party celebrating why don't you drink try and get your mind off this shit, you're too young to be feeling like this, plus you don't need anyone seeing you like this, at least make people believe you had clean breakup," He poured me up straight tequila and I took the cup slowly sipping at it before taking a bigger sip.

"Yeah, you're right, I need to forget about her, at least for one fucking night, Gias here right?" Don looked at me with worried eyes.

"Theo, don't do anything stupid...for real," I pointed his finger at me. I shrugged him off super the tequila more frequently and then heading outside to the party.

"Amazing job tonight Theo, can't wait to see what you do at UNC," a male student came up to me and dapped me up. I nodded and thanked him.

The night passed on and I was more than drunk. I could feel it. I was on my second cup this time with jungle juice. Me and the boys danced almost all night I finally was free of Collae in my mind. I started to feel like the old Theo again. The Theo I didn't want to be anymore. Maybe this was just who I was and I was fooling myself thinking I was in love with a sophomore girl. I was about to go away to college with a bunch of new girls. I didn't need her in my life just as she didn't need me.

If Collae didn't want me in her life, I wasn't going to force myself in it. This girl has had me chasing her since the day I met her. It's time I go where I'm wanted. And in that moment Gia was the one who wanted me. I didn't have to try with her. She'd do anything for me. Now that I knew there was zero hope with me and Collae getting back together, I wouldn't feel bad for pursing other girls.

I wanted to be there for my child, I knew I eventually had to talk to her about that. I also had to tell my family as well. I knew my parents wouldn't be happy about this at all but this was a problem for tomorrow. tonight I was going to enjoy myself and I didn't care what anyone thought.

"Theo hey," Gia came up to me while I took a break from dancing and went to get another cup.

"Gia!" I slurred bringing her into a large embrace, "I'm so happy you came."

"Of course I would come, you had an amazing game, I want to celebrate with you," she held me back. This feeling of embrace was missed. I pushed away the thoughts of me hugging Collae and released Gia. I handed her a cup of the jungle of juice she smiled taking the cup from me.

"I appreciate that Gia, showing up means a lot," I hope she didn't realize I was thinking about Collae when I said that. I told her that me and Collae broke up after I took her to the movies. She comforted me and that was all I needed.

I guided her into the party and everyone was dancing and drinking.

As the night went along I danced closely with Gia, her arms were wrapped around my head and my memories floated back to me and Collae's silent party. I moved back from her, I could see the disappointment in her face that I haven't gone for a kiss yet.