Chapter 35

Theo POV

I needed to change my approach when it came to Collae. I would give her space and just give it time. I knew she was who I wanted to be with. There are moments where I sat back and said to myself I'm going to college soon I'm going to meet a bunch of new girls, but that's not what I wanted. I had enough of having options or exploring options.

I found something special and I had to work for it. To find a girl with a heart as big as hers doesn't come around often. How often do people find love like this.

I would be going on my visit in a couple of weeks and I really hoped Collae would come with me. Senior year was almost at an end and I was soon to start a new chapter of my life.

I often wondered what my future looked like. I didn't know what major I wanted to pursue. I was never really into school just basketball. I knew I would have to decide soon but it's too much pressure as an eighteen year old. Why did I have to have it all figured out right out of high school?

Since high school was nearing an end seniors always made it a point that we had to share these last memories together. Most of us would never see each other again after we walked that stage in June.

Today was senior skip day even though most of the senior students barely went to class after finals. Most people had already been accepted into colleges and just waiting to make there final decision. Some people already had early decisions. Others didn't have college plans or chose to go to community college. One thing everyone was on the same page about was that school was almost over. A much needed break from school was needed after four years.

"Theo you already know we're taking your car," Jake laughed.

"Yeah, I still don't know how your parents got you this," Tommy shook his head, "Are you ready to go?"

"Can someone tell me where we're going again?" All I knew is that we were skipping, but with no idea of where we were going. Most people hung out with their friends and that's what we were doing. Just the five of us. There's usually six but Don was away on a college visit. Plus I don't think he wanted to be around me anyway lately.

"Well first food, let's go to the new bar and grill spot by the movie theatre," Tommy had suggested. We had begun the day around one pm none of us had eaten yet. My mom hated when I didn't eat and left to go do so when she cooked.

Sometimes I felt bad but I didn't want crepes every morning. They were amazing but it was her go to.

I got dressed and found my way down into the living room.

"Morning mom," I kissed her check before heading to the door for my keys. They weren't there and I grew confused wondering if I misplaced them.

"Afternoon Theo, it's one pm," She sat on the couch with her legs crossed.

"I know mom, have you seen my keys?" I asked her searching all over.

"These keys?" she held them up looking at me. Why did she have my keys?

"Uhm, Mom...?" My parents had been giving me the silent treatment after they found out what went down with Collae. No amount of times could I tell them I was going to make things right would have them ease up on me soon.

"Theo I know you don't think we're going to let you drive that car," She laughed, "Your behavior toward Collae was totally unacceptable my love. I shouldn't even let you leave this house but I know it's skip day."

"Mom, I told you already that I was sorry, I'm making it up to her, c'mon," I begged her.

"Theo you're not driving the car, there's no discussion about this, so go tell Thomas or another one of your little friends to pick you up," She stood up and rested the keys on the key holder. She was testing me but I knew better than to take them.