Chapter 14

Theo POV

It was finally Monday the day Ive been waiting for and I could not stop myself from looking at the clock of every class I had today.

It was only three periods away from ninth. I knew I would see Collae during this time because it's our lunch period. Only Gabe and Jeremiah had lunch with me this period. I grabbed my lunch off the line and sat down at our usual table. I think that people think me and my group of friends are to ourselves but these are just the people I've been most comfortable with for the last few years.

"Hey Theo," I felt a small hand on the back on my shoulder. Layla... This was a bit weird, she never says anything to me. Ever.

"Um...Hey Layla, wassup?" I asked. She said nothing initially she just took a seat and stared at me for a few seconds.

"What are your intentions with Collae seriously because I don't play about her," She crossed her arms at me while giving me a death glare. I assumed this was why she never spoke to me and was always just looking.

"I just want to get to know her," I chuckled taking a bite out of a dry ham and cheese sandwich. Before knowing I could see Collae everyday in the cafeteria I would just go out for lunch, now I'm suffering with cafeteria food just so I can stare at her.

"Just want to get to know her...hm," She shuts her mouth and looks up squinting, "For what though? You like her? You don't even know her for real though."

"Well thats why I'm trying to get to know her," I dragged mocking her a little. I could tell she was bothered by my smart response but I've had enough of girls and they're little friends pressing me about my intentions with them.

"Listen Theo, Lae has really been through a lot and she doesn't need a player to come in and-" I stop her with my hand up.

"Layla its really not good to assume things about people you don't know, I'm not here to play Collae, I like her, that's all," I smiled at her hoping she would just go away before Collae got here. She was always late to lunch, about five to eight minutes late she showed up here everyday.

Layla didn't respond, she stood up grabbing her bag and leaving the cafeteria swiftly. Layla really was a weird girl to me but I suppose she was just looking out for her friend.

Being alone always made me just look around and think to myself. As I take in some of the students in the cafeteria I realized I really didn't take any effort to know who these people were. Of course I know the ones in my year but theirs so many unrecognizable faces in here. I didn't think I was stuck up but I was starting to think I might've been a high school stereotype.

I liked to believe there was more to me than just being a student-athlete but thats what most people in this school probably think of me. I receive good grades and I have an amazing family. I would never describe myself as picture perfect though, we all have our demons.

Finally shaking my thoughts away at the sight of her I wave. She sends me a warming smile back as she takes a seat with her friends. Layla glares at me while Kaitlyn smiles at me. She always looked so pretty in school. I knew other guys looked at her but soon hopefully she'd only belong to me.

"Oh shes smiling at you now, look at that, maybe I need to start bumping into girls," Jeremiah jokes walking to our table with his lunch. I rolled my eyes at him. Gabe was with him as well.

"Yeah you do that and girls will call the police immediately," I said letting out a snort.

"I'm not even gonna ask if thats racially motivated cause it is," He waves me off opening up a sandwich, "Bro, can we please go back to eating out, you know I don't drive, we're sitting here eating dog shit because you want to look at her, you're not even talking to her either this all you do, stare and smile, and we over here eating fuckery." Jeremiah always had this tendency to go on rants.