Welcome To Montreal

The bright sun glows brightly on the major city of Montreal. It's a nice summer day in Canada, and all the citizens are out. The skyline towers over the small suburban areas that litter around it. The St. Lawrence River gleams in the sunlight. The camera quickly flies through the sky and falls down over to the Wall Of Champions track where a race is going on, and 2 kids are seen with an empty seat next to them excitedly watching the race unfold.

Liam: Jeez, listen to that V8 roar it's so cool. It would be so awesome to drive around the track, going 300 kilometers an hour. The wind forcing itself against you. I wish.

Oliver looks at Liam with a "are you serious" face.

Oliver: You are such a car nerd Holy. Hehe.

Liam looks at Oliver in annoyance.

Liam: I am not. I just enjoy seeing great marvels of machinery at their full potential. There's nothing wrong with that.

Oliver rolls his eyes playfully

Oliver: I just see cars going around and around for like ages. It's kinda boring, honestly.

Liam looks at Oliver and rolls his eyes.

Liam: You're such a party pooper, you know that?

Oliver smiles

Oliver: I know.

Liam chuckles. As he keeps watching the race, his mom appears and gives him a lobster roll, a staple of Canadian cuisine.

Ava: Here, Liam. I know it's your favorite. I was surprised they still had them. I figured they would be sold out by now. How's the race?

Liam smiles at his mom

Liam: Merci (thanks). It's going well.

Ava: Pas de soucis (no worries). Is your favorite guy winning?

Liam: Nah, he's not pushing the car enough. He's lacking behind. He's in 5th, though.

Ava: Maybe he's waiting for the right time. You can't just go all in all the time.

Liam: I guess, but he's really lagging. He's got such a good car with such a good engine. He's not driving it right. I swear.

Oliver looks at Liam

Oliver: How do you know? Maybe the car actually sucks.

Liam: It's not the car. It's the driver.

Oliver: Car makes more sense.

Ava: I thought he was a good racer, though?

Liam: He is. Lance Stroll is amazing. He's one of the best racers. He's in F1 for a reason.

Ava: He'll make a comeback. I'm sure of it, miel (honey).

* * * * *
As the race goes on, Liam waits in excitement as his favorite racer starts to make moves toward the front. Oliver scrolls through his phone nonchalantly, not caring about the race.

Liam: Come on, Stroll, take the inside! Take the inside!

Stroll takes the inside and passes the racer in first and floors the car, which roars and whines with power as it flutters with every shift. Liam looks on in awe as he sees Stroll make it to the final lap and quickly weave through the corners with ease and quickness. Liam sees himself in the car for a second, trying to see what he would do in the situation. A big turn is seen coming up. Liam puts himself in the driver seat in his mind as the world fades out, and he only hears Stroll's engine roaring and whining.

Liam: Brake.

Stroll brakes his car as it approaches the corner at 100 miles per hour.

Liam: Turn wheel 40 degrees.

Stroll turns the steering wheel 40 degrees as he turns.

Liam: Wait.

Stroll keeps his wheel at 40 degrees.

Liam: Turn to 60 degrees......now!

Stroll turns his wheel from 40 to 60 degrees.

Liam: Stay inside.

Stroll keeps the wheel turned and waits for the right moment.

Liam: Ride the apex.....now!

Stroll shoots through the apex of the turn and slingshots his way forward to the straight.

Liam closes his eyes and smiles. He thinks for a moment what it'd be like to be in the driver seat of any car speeding down the road, whether it be through downtown or past Mount Royal. The engine roaring and whirring with power. He is suddenly snapped back to reality by Oliver.

Oliver: You okay there, buddy? You're not celebrating. Your racer just won.

Liam looks at Oliver in disbelief

Liam: Wait, really?

Oliver: Look at the TV.

Liam looks at the track TV and sees Stroll on the podium with a bottle of champagne spraying it all over the stage he's on.

Liam: Yeah, I figured he would.

Ava: You mean I did?

Liam: Sure, maman (mom). Hehe.

Ava smiles

Ava: All right, let's get going. I'm sure your father's at home waiting for us. He's probably crazy about showing us his new games, hehe.

Oliver: He makes great games. What can I say.

Liam: Pssh. Shut up. You're just saying that since he gives you free games all the time, you big nerd, hehe.

Ava smiles at Liam and Oliver's banter as they make their way to the parking lot.

Oliver: I call shotgun!

Liam: No. Hehe. My mom's always got the passenger seat.

Ava: You know it, Ollie.

Oliver: But, the back is annoying. Who puts one door on one side and not the other?

Liam: Hyundai, hehe.

Liam grabs his keys and unlocks his black veloster n as his mom gets in the passenger seat, and Oliver grabs the one handle and jumps into the back. Liam presses the button to start the car, which roars with life as he puts it in reverse and quickly reverses, heading back home. As he drives, his mom notices that his car is in N mode.

Ava: Hey, we're not racing Liam. Allez (come on).

Liam: Oh, sorry, hehe. I forgot.

Ava rolls her eyes.

Ava: I know you're lying, Liam. You gotta stop with this life on the fast lane stuff. You gotta get a real job someday. Racing is nearly impossible for you to go in.

Liam: Exactly. Nearly.

Oliver: Is.

Liam sighs

Liam: I don't wanna talk about it, okay. Let's just get home, okay? Please.

Ava looks at Liam with a worried look but looks away eventually.

They drive through small forests and hills that overlook downtown and the St Lawrence River and drive through a gate that leads to a big modern neighborhood with modern houses. Liam opens the garage with a button on his rear view mirror and drives into the garage into a decently sized house.