Owning The Circuit

Liam is seen inside his Civic Type R, adjusting his helmet, preparing for his race. The announcer comes over the PA and speaks as the racers all line up at the starting point.

Announcer: ¡Corredores y observadores! Prepárense, la carrera comienza en 20 segundos (Racers and Watchers! Prepare yourselves. The race starts in 20 seconds.)

Liam lines up at his mark, and his fellow racers eye him up, sizing up the competition. None of them believe a street racer is better than or even on the same level than a professional racer. Liam knows this as Logan had told him that his "kind" is not really respected in the pro scene. Liam is happy to show them something else. As Liam gets in the zone, the engine of his Civic Type R whirring with aggression, the announcer begins the countdown.

Announcer: diez, nueve, ocho, siete, seis, cinco, cuatro, tres, dos, uno, ¡Vamos! (ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, Go!).

As soon as the announcer says go, a confetti cannon is shot and makes a loud bang but the sound is covered up by all the engines of the different cars firing off at the same time. Liam launches his car off the line and smokes from tires and fills his view. He battles through it and finds himself in the middle of the racers. The cars go down the first straight, constantly accelerating as their engines roar together. Liam sees a small opening between a Mitsubishi Evo and an Audi RS7 and decides to push right through them, nearly hitting them but successfully passing them immediately. The announcer notices this and comments on it.

Announcer: ¡Ay dios mío! ¡Mira eso! ¡Un adelantamiento temprano de Liam Allard en el Civic Type R! (Oh my god! Look at that! An early overtake by Liam Allard in the Civic Type R!)

Logan comes over the radio

Logan: Nice! Good job, Liam, but don't be too risky. We can't have you crashing.

Liam: I got this!

The race cars approach the "Elf" turn and brake to turn through it, but a Volkswagen GTI brakes too late in front of Liam and skids off into the grass area but doesn't crash. Liam quickly takes over the cars last position in the race.

Announcer: ¡El número treinta y cuatro se ha salido de la pista! ¡Ay! (Number thirty-four has driven off track! Yikes!)

Logan: Oof unlucky. Don't worry about any racers you see crash alright Liam! This is the pro scene. You'll see a lot of crashes.

Liam: No worries! I'm not stressing!

Liam shifts to fourth gear as he comes out of the turn being blocked by the car in front of him, preventing him from overtaking. The racers approach the "Renault" turn at high speed, their engines continuing to roar powerfully. As they approach the turn, Liam notices the Mercedes AMG GT in front of him, staying too close to the inside of the upcoming turn he decides to capitalize on this mistake and attempts to pass on the outside The racer notices this and blocks Liam but Liam quickly responds by faking the car out and turning left but quickly turning right leaving a slight opening for him to ride through the inside of the turn and ride the apex out. He pushes the gas pedal all the way to the floor and the car roars with fierceness as it quickly passes the Mercedes AMG GT. The crowd cheers loudly.

Announcer: ¡Un bonito adelantamiento del número siete al número setenta y seis! (A beautiful overtake by number seven on number seventy six!)

Logan: Holy! Liam! You're doing well! I feel like you want to win this, don't you?

Liam: It may be an exhibition round, but I'm treating it like a real race.

Logan: Spoken like a true racer! You're in 4th. Keep it up.

The next turn called "Repsol" comes up, and Liam sees the WRX in front of him attempt to drift around the turn. Liam capitalizes on this and drifts with him staying close to him but not being able to pass him. The WRX driver notices this and starts to feel the pressure on him as they approach the next turn called Seat. Liam waits for the drift, and when he sees it, he quickly rides the left side of the track while the WRX drifts on the right side and passes him. Putting him in 3rd place.

Announcer: ¡Liam Allard, el novato, ha conseguido el tercer puesto! ¿Conseguirá su primera victoria? (Liam Allard, the newbie, has made it to third place! Will he take his first win?)

Logan: Good! Good! Keep it up!

The racers come across the next turn, "Würth", Liam notices the BMW M8 in front of him, taking a unique line for the turn, and watches him to find a weakness. The BMW M8 turns in early, allowing for a smoother apex but Liam notices this and waits for the next turn before he passes. The next turn, "Campsa", comes up and Liam waits for the opportunity. He notices the M8 start his early turn in but Liam quickly slams the gas and rides the curb as the M8 closes in on his right side for the turn. This move forces the M8 to brake, which he does, and forces Liam to pass or risk spinning himself and Liam out.

Announcer: ¡Guau! ¡Un adelantamiento arriesgado de Liam Allard! (Wow! A risky overtake by Liam Allard!)

Logan: Jesus Liam! That was risky! Don't do that again! But good on you.

Liam: Don't worry, Logan. I'm in full control of this car.

The racers come across the "La Caixa" turn, but the Mustang in front of Liam brakes too late and slides off the track and into the dirt before rolling over and smacking into the tire wall by the turn. Liam looks in shock but stays focused on the race ahead and realizes he's in second.

Announcer: ¡No! ¡Un gran desastre en La Caixa! (No! A big wreck at La Caixa!)

Logan: Keep going Liam don't worry about him!

Liam: I'm not.

Logan: Good, keep it that way!

Liam comes across the car in first, which is revealed to be an Aston Martin Vantage with the number 17 on it. He quickly passes the "Banc Sabadell" turn and quickly accelerates out, creating a gap between him and Liam. Liam pushes his Type R and goes around the turn quicker, slightly keeping up with the Vantage. The Aston Martin brakes early around the "Europcar" turn and finds Liam on his tail. Liam drafts behind the Aston Martin until the "New Holland" turn where Liam quickly drifts around the corner in the inside nearly hitting the Vantage with his rear bumper causing the Vantage to pull back letting Liam land in first.

Announcer: ¡Ay dios mío! ¡Liam Allard llegó a primera! ¡El novato! ¡Un novato! ¡Ha vencido a estos corredores profesionales en su propio juego! (Oh my god! Liam Allard's made it to first! The rookie! A rookie! Has beat these pro racers at their own game!)

Logan cheers loudly through the headset

Logan: Woo! Holy! Oh my god! Jesus! Liam! Liam! Oh my god! You won! I can't believe it!

Liam cheers with Logan as he crosses the finish line.

Liam: Oh my god! I did it! I really did it!

The crowd pops with cheers as they get out of their seats and cheer for Liam.