A Real Nemesis

On an empty stretch of road on the outskirts of Montreal. Liam stands beside his Veloster N, revving the engine as he tests it for any problems. Suddenly, Arianna pulls up in her customized Chrysler 300 SRT8.

Liam eyes Arianna's car and gasps, realizing how rare of a car she actually has. He's heard about her too, and he has a feeling he knows why she's here.

Liam: Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up.

Arianna steps out of her car with a commanding presence as she looks at Liam.

Arianna: You must be Liam. Heard you've been causing quite a stir in the racing scene.

Liam smirks

Liam: And you must be Arianna, the infamous street racer from Ottawa. I've heard stories about you.

Arianna walks around Liams car in a passive-aggressive fashion and praises his car. She knows what that little hatchback is actually capable of.

Arianna: Not bad yourself. I see you've put some work into that ride.

Liam nods in response as he walks around Arianna's car as well and praises it.

Liam: The same goes for you. That Chrysler looks mean. That's a crazy car you got there.

Arianna smirks, knowing how good her car really is.

Arianna: It's got a few tricks up its sleeve.

Liam begins to challenge Arianna, knowing why she's here.

Liam: So, what do you say? A race to settle the score?

Arianna acts like she's considering before responding to Liam.

Arianna: I don't race just anyone, Liam. But I've been itching for a challenge.

Liam grins, knowing that he is the best challenger she could ever face in the entire country.

Liam: Then let's make it happen. Tomorrow night, at the old Chemin du roy. Winner takes all, well, gets bragging rights, hehe.

Arianna chuckles at Liams joke and extends her hand for him to shake.

Arianna: Deal. May the best racer win.

Liam quickly shakes her hand, his face full of confidence. He's ready to face a real challenge.

Liam: You better bring your A-game, Arianna. Because I don't plan on losing.

Arianna nods. She knows this isn't any ordinary street race. This is a race that will define each of their entire skill sets. The tension between them is palpable, but there's also a mutual respect for each other's skills. As they part ways, both Liam and Arianna know that tomorrow night's race will be one for the history books.

* * * * *

The next evening, under the distant glow of the city lights in Montreal, Liam and Arianna face off at the designated street. A crowd has gathered, eager to witness the showdown between these two titans of the street racing world. Liam steps out of his car and walks over to Arianna with adrenaline coursing through his veins.

Liam: Ready for this, Arianna?

Arianna emerges from her car with a determined expression. She's gonna beat Liam, and there's no other way this ends.

Arianna: Always ready, Liam. Let's see what you've got.

Liam takes a deep breath as he feels inclined to show the respect he has for Arianna. He knows about her abilities, and he knows she's no one to mess with behind the wheel. He doesn't want to be seen as egotistical or stuck up like Jake. Plus, real racers respect others for their skill instead of respecting them for their wins.

Liam: Look, Arianna, before we start this race, there's something I want to say.

Arianna puts a curious look on her face. They're about to race, and he wants to say something? He might be racer material...

Arianna: Go on.

Liam meets Ariannas gaze. He knows a true racer shows respect no matter what, and that's exactly what he'll do. He wants to become the best racer anyway. It is better to get a mental foothold right off the bat.

Liam: I know we're here to prove who's the better racer, but I also want you to know that I have a lot of respect for you. You've earned your reputation, and I admire your skill and determination.

Arianna feels surprised but also appreciative. She shares Liams dreams, maybe not as much as he does, but she knows that respect is a major part of the major leagues. Without it, you truly aren't a racer.

Arianna: Thanks, Liam. I feel the same way about you. You've made quite an impression in a short amount of time.

Liam smiles. Arianna knows what Liam is capable of and would honestly love to see him in the big leagues someday. But right now, she has to determine what happens to his future with this single race.

Liam: Yeah, well, I guess we both have something to prove tonight.

Arianna nods in agreement. They do, in fact, have a lot of pressure and something to prove tonight. If they can't do it successfully, their dreams might just turn out to be naught.

Arianna: That's for sure. But no matter who wins, let's remember to keep it respectful. We're competitors, not enemies.

Liam quickly agrees. He's glad he's met a racer who doesn't view themselves as better or above anyone. That isn't a true racer in his eyes. He's yet to meet one really, well, until now.

Liam: Absolutely. Win or lose, I'm glad to have met you, Arianna.

Arianna smiles. She's glad to have met such an amazing competitor. The street scene is highly competitive, but it's a breath of fresh air to finally meet someone who isn't so selfish or egotistical. That's something she wished to have seen before. Well, she hasn't until now, so it's best to make it count, even if it means crushing Liam's dreams.

Arianna: Likewise, Liam. Now, let's see what these cars can do.

With a nod of understanding, Liam and Arianna stand next to their respective vehicles, the engines purring like devilish cats. As they prepare to race, a sense of mutual admiration and sportsmanship fills the air, setting the tone for the thrilling showdown ahead...