First Contact

Liam fidgeted in his car as he drove to where Barrett had told him. He was super nervous sneaking out of the house this late to see a street race of all things. Liam was never known to be a bad kid he was always someone who hated getting in trouble. This drive he was taking had his nerves maxed out. He knew what he wanted to become, and he knew street racing would be a good place to start, but would it be the best? Liam contemplated as the constant purr of his engine in the cabin filled the scene. The dark country road he was on glistening in his headlights. Liam started to see cars grouped up around a relatively empty section of road near Mount Royal. As he entered the crowd, he noticed how people were looking at his car and murmuring. He kept going until he saw Barrett's signature WRX. He quickly parked next to it and got out. As he did, he heard people shouting at him.

Unknown: Nice Veloster!

Liam looked at the source of the voices but couldn't see anyone in particular.

Liam: Uh. Thanks, whoever you are. Hehe.

Barrett sneaked up on Liam and slightly scared him.

Barrett: Already getting in the community, I see. Good, we bunch are a good lot of people. Most of us are from the US, though. Ready to get started, Liam?

Liam smiled at Barrett but held a nerve at the same time. He knew street racing was extremely dangerous and illegal, especially in Canada. In Montreal, street racing is a big no-no. At least he wouldn't have to worry about it just yet, considering he isn't racing.

Liam: Oui (yes). Let's go.

Barrett: Alright, hehe. Let's go to the first turn. it's always the best because of how it's made. The apex is really unique, and if drivers hit it right, they can really slingshot across the road in the blink of an eye.

Liam: A unique apex? How? Aren't all apexes the same?

Barrett: On tracks yes but when it comes to regular roads it's different because the priority of the road is to help with traffic instead of prioritize speed so the racers have to take it a different way.

Liam and Barrett make their way to the first turn and eagerly wait, they can see the starting straight just barely. As they look, they see 2 cars pull up side by side, both heavily modified: a Civic Type R and a Ford Mustang are seen revving their engines as the night fills with the loud roars of the engines. A cute flag girl walks in between the cars and raises a flag before swinging it down, signaling the cars to go. The Type R launches off the starting point, and so did the Mustang as both cars' wheels spin with full force, creating a smoke screen as the wheels try to gain traction faster than the other. The cars slam through first and second gear within the blink of an eye as their engines roar even more with the increased power output. Liam and Barrett anxiously wait at the turn as the distant roaring and shifting in the distance gets closer and louder every second. The Mustang and Type R stand neck and neck slamming through their gears almost identically, as they reach fourth, the drivers see the turn and prepare to break. Barrett begins to talk, but Liam is in pure awe as the beautiful machines happily whir and roar as they approach the corner. The Type R pulls ahead of the mustang, trying to keep his lead while still being able to hit the corner at the max and most reliable speed. However, the Mustang driver slams his gas pedal, starting to pass the Type R on the inside, not leaving enough room for the Type R to take the inside of the upcoming turn as well. The Type R driver realizes he's out of luck and is forced to slow down more than the Mustang as they reach the turn. The Mustang and Type R zoom past Liam and Barrett with a roar and wind breaking noise. Liam sees the Mustang and focuses on it and sees it reach the right line. It slams through the turn and almost immediately creates a gap between the Type R while being inches away from the barrier. The sounds of the engines get distant as the cars disappear behind the 2nd turn. Liam stays shocked as he looks at where the Mustang once was in pure awe and disbelief.

Barrett: Whew! Alright! Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Whoo!

The crowd Liam and Barrett are in are heard clapping and whooping in amazement of the race.

Liam: Oh mon (oh my), Dieu (god)! That's was génial (awesome)! I see why street racing is a great place to start.

Barrett: Damn right, hehe. Alright. Let's head back to the parking lot for the meet that happens while those 2 go at it.

Liam nods and follows Barrett back to the parking lot where hype music is playing as a bunch of nice sporty cars are seen organized around a dirt area. Liam glances at each car, finding ones he likes. As he glances, a familiar voice is heard calling to him from a distance.

Hope: Liam? I didn't take you for a street scene guy.

Liam looks at Hope and smiles but gets nervous.

Liam: Eh, hehe, moi non plus (me neither).

Hope: Hehe, I mean, I guess I would expect you to be here anyway, Mr. Motorsports lover, hehe. The scène de rue (street scene) is really a great place to be a part of.

Liam: Why are you here? I didn't take you for a street racer as well.

Hope: There's a lot of things you don't know about me. Hehe. Why don't you walk with me for a bit. ça sonne bien (it sounds good)?

Liam gets nervous. Hope, a really cute girl he's starting to like, wanting to walk with him? This must be a dream.

Liam: Oui (yes). Hehe. I'm down.

Hope: Great, let's go.

Liam and Hope walk together as Barrett smiles from a distance while inspecting a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX.