A Good First Race

Liam parks his car back at the pit station, where Logan rushes out and gives him a big hug. Liam is taken by surprise from it.

Logan: Jesus! That was god tier racing, Liam! I didn't think you were that good!

Liam smiles at Logans remark, feeling happy about his win.

Liam: I mean, I want to be here so I'll do whatever I can to stay.

Logan: Well, you've done more than enough. Let's get you up on that podium. Quickly!

Liam: Podium?

Logan grabs Liams arm and brings him toward a big stage near the entrance of the Circuit De Catalunya. A crowd has formed and is actively cheering for Liam as he walks up a path towards the podium where an associate helps him up to the highest point on the stage. The 2 racers that came first and second come up the path and take their respective positions below Liam and applaud him as a medal is given to each of them. Liam is also given a bottle of champagne to pop. Liam tries to pop it but struggles for a bit before finally popping it and aiming the bottle to the sky spraying champagne everywhere. Hope is seen running up to him and hugs him before passionately kissing him.

Hope: Oh my god, Liam! You did it! I can't believe it!

William and Ava are also seen coming up to Liam on the podium. William takes the champagne from Liam and jokes.

William: No alcohol for you, young man. Hehe. If it was any other day. Take a sip. You deserve it. I'm proud of you. I really am.

Liam smiles at his father before taking a small sip of the champagne, causing the crowd to cheer louder. The announcer comes up to Liam and shakes his hand.

Announcer: What an amazing race, Mi Amigo (my friend) amazing indeed. We here at Circuit De Catlunya gladly give you the exhibition round trophy for the first place of the 2023-2024 season.

A small trophy with a small model of the Circuit De Catlunya on it is given to Liam, who holds it and gasps as he looks at it. Liam would never think he'd be here holding a trophy as a pro racer. Yet, here he is.

A reporter comes up to Liam with a microphone and asks him a question.

Reporter: Mr Allard, how are you feeling with your first official win of your professional racing career at such a young age even though the sport was against you joining?

Liam: I'm feeling absolutely um. Fulfilled if you could say that. I'm so thankful that, uh, Honda Canada took me in even with how young I was. It's crazy to think that I'm living my dream at such a young age.

Reporter: One last quote: What would you say to other aspiring racers that may be idolizing you already?

Liam: Um, honestly, I would say... that the biggest obstacle in your life is indeed yourself. Nothing is stopping you from achieving your dreams other than you and you only. Keep going at it and never give up or back down because the results you're working for will eventually come. My grandpa use to always say that to me and he was the one who really made me chase this dream of mine and I probably wouldn't be here, standing on this podium if it weren't for him. Bless his soul.

Reporter: Amazing words from such an amazing and young kid. Thank you.

The reporter steps down, and Logan motions him to come to the track garage with him. Liam follows him off the stage as reporters and paparazzi continue to take pictures of Liam as he gets into a golf cart and heads back to the garage of the track.

* * * * *
Once Logan and Liam arrive at the garage where Liams Civic Type R he just raced in sits, Logan begins to speak.

Logan: Look, Liam, I brought you here to tell you not to let the fame get to you while you're here. I saw how happy you were to be up there, but you need to realize that, that fame comes with consequences. Having an ego is the worst thing a racer can have. It's what caused me to crash. Listen, you are very skillful, but do not let those skills define you. Take every race as if it's last. You did good, but don't ever think you're better than anyone. That's how you'll lose respect and potentially your life.

Liam: I'll try not to, but it was really amazing out there, and I kind of wanna go back in front of the cameras.

Logan: No, do not. That's exactly what they want you to do, understand.

Liam: I mean, sure, but why do you care so much? You're just my handler slash trainer. Why are you so eager to personally lecture me?

Logan: First off, as your handler, it is technically my job to care for you in any way I can. My job relies on that. If I lose you, I lose my job too, but it's also because I don't want you to end up like me. I see great things for you, but you won't be able to have them if you expect them. I'm just looking out, okay?

Liam: Okay, I get it. Don't mistake my questioning as anger, please. I'm still new, so I'm not trying to make any grudges.

Logan: It's okay, I was just like you in my time as a racer.

Liam: You definitely do seem like you were. Especially during lessons, hehe.

Logan: What? Am I annoying in some way? I try not to be.

Liam: Hehe, no, I wouldn't say annoying, but, maybe a little Loco (crazy)

Logan: I am not and good job on picking up the Spanish it's a good thing to have when you travel.

Liam: Um, Me gusta estar familiarizado? (I like to be acquainted?)

Logan: Huh, not too bad. But anyways, let's head back to the hotel and get our stuff before we head back to Canada.

Liam: Okay.

Logan: And uh. Good race.

Logan walks out of the garage as Liam looks at the Civic Type R he raced in and smiles at it.