Overcome

Liam quickly slams the gas pedal as the NSX lurches forward Liam, being taken by surprise from the extreme acceleration and nearly hitting the Huracan in front of him. Liam quickly finds a comfortable spot in the racing group and stays at 6th as the racers go around hells corner. Liam soon notices how tight the race is going to be as he finds himself surrounded by cars that are inches away from him on every side. The claustrophobic setting causes worry to lay in the back of Liam's mind as he approaches the Mountain Straight. The cars rush down the mountain straight, which is one of the very few somewhat safe options to overtake. Liam knows this and prepares to overtake the Huracan in front of him. As he tries to pass, he realizes an R8 is in his blindspot, and he can't overtake. He goes back to his position but is immediately overtaken by the R8 as Logan comes over the radio.

Logan: Liam! Do not give up any chances for an overtake!

Liam begins to stress out a bit

Liam: What?! I couldn't pass!

Logan: I know, but you shouldn't have gone back to your position it leaves an easy overtake on the straights! If an overtake doesn't work, you stay where you attempted it! It prevents you from getting overtaken yourself! Now come on! Get into the game!

Liam: Okay!

Liam speaks to himself

Liam: Putain!

The racers approach Griffins Bend at high speeds and prepare to brake. Liam brakes but notices all the other cars flying by him. He figured he braked at the right time. Did he not?

Liams position drops from 6th to 8th.

Logan: Liam! What are you doing?! That was an early brake! On this track, you have to brake later than usual to follow the flow of the race. Fix it next time!

Liam: Okay! Sorry!

Liam starts to get angry a bit at himself. What changed? Is he all of a sudden garbage? Can he not race well enough anymore? Liam gets angry, but as he gets angry, he realizes that he knows he is not a one hit wonder.

Liam: Logan! I'm doing my own thing! I'm cutting comms!

Logan: Whoa, whoa wai-!

Liam cuts his comms off and cuts Logan off as he puts on a game face.

Logan is seen in the pits trying to reconnect comms.

Logan: Hello? Liam? Liam! Mother-

* * * * *
The camera snaps back to Liam as he heads toward the "cutting" turn. He sees a small gap between the wall of the track and the GTR in front of him. He quickly makes a move and threads the needle and rides the wall and apex perfectly, allowing him to pass both the GTR and the GT500 next to it at the same time. Liam sports a small smile on his face as he finds himself back where he started in 6th place.

* * * * *
A Vantage is seen attempting to overtake an RS7 sportback at the Reid Park section of the track but turns to early and spins out the RS7 sportback which slides and slams into the wall at high force leaving a massive mark on the wall. A yellow flag is thrown out, and all the cars slow down. As the crash is cleaned up, Liam reconnects his comms.

Liam: Are they good, Logan?

Logan: Yes, they're fine. Don't disconnect again. You hear me?

Liam: I'm sorry, but I feel like I have a plan that doesn't involve you.

Logan: Listen, I know this racing thing is a big thing for you, so I'll let you run this at your own pace. But if you mess up, I'm not gonna stop tearing you down, you hear me? Now, go get em. And stay safe.

Logan disconnects his comms and nods his head in slight disapprovment. But he takes a deep breath and looks up to the sky.

* * * * *
A lap had passed after the crash cleaned up. And the cars were back at their own pace after they crossed the finish line. As Liam crossed the finish line, he slammed on the gas, causing his car to once again lurch forward with might. Liam is now fully comfortable with the car he hunches down and puts on a smirk. As he enters his flow state. The sounds of the crowd become distant, and the roar of the engine becomes the only sound he hears.

Liam: Hmm.

Liam chases after the Huracan in front of him as he becomes confident to get out of 6th. He inches closer to the huracan at the "dipper" section of the track. Liam notices the layout of the back to back zigzag ahead of him and waits for an opportunity to arise, around the first turn the Huracan takes a perfect line and prevents Liam from overtaking, on the second turn the huracan overcompensates slightly but still not leaving enough room for Liam to overtake, on the third turn however the Huracan overturns completely and begins to spin out, time slows down as the huracan spins out. Liam notices this and cuts extremely close to the turn and roars through both the turn and the next while remaining straight the entire time. This places him right behind the M8 in front of him, who's in 4th place. Liam begins to sense he may have a chance to win the Bathurst 500 as a rookie. Liam passes Forrests' Elbow and follows the M8 down the Conrad Straight going 126 miles per hour. Liam and the M8 quickly approach The Chase turn. Well, over 110 mph. Liam hears the M8's gears revving higher and higher to the redline and realizes the M8 has to shift soon. Liam shifts early in preparation and waits patiently. He hears the M8's transmission shift and slams on the gas more, lurching him forward at the perfect time to pass the M8 and take a perfect line through the turn. Liam passes the finish line on his last lap and relishes in 4th position. Logan is seen in the pits.

Logan: What! Oh my god! What! Holy shi-! Haha. He's amazing he's just amazing!

Liam smiles, still staying in his flow state. As he approaches Hells Corner one final time.