You Get Me

Hope looks out the window and waits for the spot she's talking about to come up. After a short while, she finally sees it and lets Liam know.

Hope: Right there. By that guardrail. That's the special spot.

Liam smirks

Liam: Okay, hehe. It looks like something interesting.

Liam slowly pulls up to the spot Hope was talking about and parks his car. Hope unbuckles her seat belt and gets out of the car.

Hope: Hehe, viens (come).

Liam gets surprised and starts to get curious.

Liam: Oh, we're getting out, okay.

Liam unbuckles his seatbelt and opens his door as the sounds of nature fill his ears. It's a nice summer night in Montreal, causing nature to be significant.

Hope carefully gets on the hood of Liam's car and pats the area next to her.

Hope: Sit. Let me show you what's so special about this.

Liam hesitantly hops on the hood of his car and looks out at the view of the skyline of Montreal.

Liam: Nice view.

Hope: I know, right? My mom used to take me here. The thing that's special about this place is if you focus on the de La Gauchetière building. If you look at it right, the buildings form a lady lying down. Only a few people can see it. Do you?

Liam focuses on the skyline of Montreal, the bright lights nearly blinding him, but as he looks deeper and closer, he does see the form of a lady lying down to rest.

Liam: Yeah, I kinda do.

Hope giggles

Hope: My mom told me that when she passed, to come here and look at the skyline and realized that the lady was her, saying that she'll always be here. She loved Montreal so much that she would never leave no matter what changed. She grew up here from enfant (child) to femme adulte (adult woman). My mom was one of the reasons why I've kept pushing on. After I lost her, I was so crazily depressed, not thinking I would ever make her proud, thinking that it was my fault. You see, she didn't like cars or racing even though I did. I always asked her to see a race at the Wall of Champions or the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. She never liked to go at first but she went because she wanted to make me happy and, as she went more and more often. She found a knack for it like me. Hehe. I know, you may be saying, "How was it your fault?" The thing is. She, died, because of a racing accident and...I wasn't there. She went to see a rally race and wanted to bring me along, but I was too focused on my studies at the time, so I declined.

Hope begins to cry slightly.

Hope: I didn't even get to say goodbye. A car lost control and slammed right into the crowd. She went to a race because of me and died at one because of me, and I wasn't there for her. I fell in such a deep depression that I found my own thoughts clouded, and I didn't want to live anymore. I just wanted to lay down and sleep forever so that maybe I could see my mom again and tell her goodbye, tell her how much I loved her even though I barely showed it. You see Liam, I've stayed in that hole for such a long time, and I was never able to get out of it. Heck, I still haven't. It's been harder to make friends because my thoughts were just so clouded. However, that changed when I met you. I know, it sounds crazy. But, it's true, I don't know what to tell you Liam you're like the only person who's come around and just...really gets me.

Hope looks at Liam and smiles.

Hope: Anyway, I just wanted to open up a bit, that's all.

Hope looks at Liam and notices him looking down while smiling softly and gets curious.

Hope: Liam? You look like you wanna say something?

Liam looks at Hope with a smile, but it fades away slightly.

Liam: You have no idea how much we have in common. Hehe.

Hope gets a curious look on her face and turns her head.

Hope: Quoi(what)?

Liam takes a deep breath

Liam: Well, what you said, it really showed me how much we have in common. You see, I've dealt with the same things as you have. I've lost someone close to me, too.

Hope: Really? Well, I'm sorry for your loss.

Liam: Thanks. You see, I lost my grandpa 6 years ago and he was the one who got me interested in cars. He had this beat up 97' 3000GT, and he could not let it go for the life of him. I was visiting him one day and I was looking for him cause I wanted some more lobster rolls. He made the best lobster rolls. But, I found him in his garage working on his 3000GT. Well, when he saw me, he picked me up and showed me the engine. I was in awe when I saw it. Hehe, mouth wide open and everything seeing all the shiny parts and all the metal in it. I was taken aback. As I grew up, every time I visited him, he'd keep me in the garage while he worked, and as I got older, I started working on it with him. He always told me that a driver and his car are no good separate. They have to be one to win. The car has to respect you, and you have to respect it, or you'll find yourself wrapped around a tree. I took that lesson to heart even though the rest of my family brushed it off as useless banter. I kept it locked in my head. That's the reason I chose my car. A driver is nothing without the right car.

Hope: Huh, I never thought about that. Maybe we are so alike, hehe.

Liam and Hope giggle with each other and look out at the skyline for a bit as Hope slowly leans her head on Liam's shoulder, looking at the skyline. Liam notices this and is taken by surprise and looks at Hope, who simply looks in his eyes and smiles as they both turn their heads back to the skyline and sit there and share a tender moment.