Reconciliation

Liam sat at the kitchen table, the weight of the recent argument with his parents still heavy on his mind. His dream of becoming a professional racer had caused a growing divide between them, and he longed for their understanding and support. The door creaked open, and Liam's parents entered the room, their expressions a mixture of concern and resolve. William spoke first, his voice tinged with regret.

William: Son, we need to talk.

Liam looked up, his eyes reflecting a mix of emotions.

Liam: I know, Dad. I'm sorry for the way I've been acting lately. I just want you to understand how much this means to me.

Ava placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

Ava: We know. We've been thinking a lot about everything, and we realize that we haven't been as supportive as we should have been. We're sorry for not understanding your passion.

Liam felt a surge of hope and relief at his parents' words.

Liam: I've been so frustrated, feeling like I was chasing this dream all on my own. But I want you to know that I'm willing to work hard and be responsible. I won't let you down.

William nodded, a hint of pride in his eyes.

William: We see how dedicated you are, and we can't ignore that anymore. We want to support you, but we also need you to promise us something.

Liam leaned in, his attention fully on his parents.

Liam: Anything, Dad. I'll do whatever it takes.

Ava took a deep breath.

Ava: Nous voulons que vous poursuiviez vos rêves (we want you to chase your dreams), but we need you to be careful. Street racing is dangerous, and we worry about your safety. Promise us that you'll always prioritize your well-being.

Liam nodded solemnly.

Liam: I promise, Mom. I'll take every precaution, and I won't put myself in unnecessary danger. I want to make you proud.

His parents exchanged a look of understanding, their resolve firm.

William: We believe you. We know you're capable of great things, but we also want you to remember that you have a family who loves you and wants to see you succeed in a safe and responsible way.

Liam felt a renewed sense of determination and gratitude.

Liam: Thanks, Mom, Dad. I won't let you down. With your support, I feel like I can achieve anything.

In the days that followed, Liam's parents made good on their promise, fully embracing his passion for racing and providing him with the encouragement and resources he needed to pursue his dreams. They attended his practice sessions, cheered him on at local races, and even helped him secure opportunities to compete in more formal settings. One evening, as they sat together in the living room, William turned to Liam with a proud smile.

William: You've come a long way, son. We're impressed with how much you've grown as a racer. Me especially.

Liam beamed at his father's words, feeling a sense of fulfillment he had never experienced before.

Liam: I couldn't have done it without your support, Dad. I'm grateful for everything you and Mom have done for me.

Ava chimed in, her eyes full of warmth.

Ava: Nous nous inquiéterons toujours pour vous (we'll always worry about you), but we also believe in you. You have the drive and determination to chase your dreams, and we'll be there every step of the way.

As they shared a heartfelt embrace, Liam knew that with his family's unwavering support, he was ready to face the challenges and triumphs that lay ahead on his journey to becoming a racer. He was filled with a newfound sense of purpose and confidence, knowing that he had his parents behind him who believed in his potential and would stand by him through it all.

* * * * *

In a parking lot late at night a group of people are seen around a car meet and are seen talking to a young girl who leans on her blue and black Chrysler 300 SRT8.

Unknown Guy: You really think you can take on the N demon? He's been undefeated so far. I believe he can make it to the big leagues. At least we street racers can have a hope for someone to represent us.

Unknown Girl: Yeah, he's so good at racing it's almost like he's simply a prodigy. I know you can't take him on Arianna.

Arianna leans on her 300 that's aesthetically modified and crosses her arms and smirks.

Arianna: ¿Prodigio? interesante (Prodigy? Intresting.) Guess he'd be a challenge for once. A Veloster N huh? Good choice. I guess we'll find out if more pistons actually is better.

Unknown Guy: Well, jeez, I guess we got a race of the century going on here. The best racer in Ottawa vs the best racer in Montreal. I can't wait to see it. Even though I know you're gonna lose hehe.

Arianna rolls her eyes at the guy's comment and jokingly smiles.

Arianna: Well we'll see. It's about time I found an actual challenge for once. I'm honestly sick of winning so much that those wins don't feel like wins anymore.

Unknown Girl: Well you win so many because of your V8. You got so much power in the world.

Arianna: Yeah, well this car is heavy as hell. And handles like a boat but kills in the straights. I really don't see how his puny twin turbo I4 could beat my V8 HEMI.

Unknown Guy: Don't underestimate the N demon, he's called a demon for a reason. That little Veloster N got power, handling, and acceleration. I swear his car is connected to him in a way and racers know that if a driver has a strong connection with his car he can be capable of amazing things. You know what they say, "it's not the car it's the driver."

Arianna: You think I don't have a connection with my bebita (baby girl) here? If so, your extremely wrong.

Unknown Guy: All I'm saying his connection with that car is out of this world I swear.

The guy and girl walk off and walk to the other cars as Arianna crosses her arms in slight anger. How dare they call her unskilled? Arianna smirks with a newfound goal...To beat the N demon.