Circuit De Catalunya

The Spanish national anthem is heard powering through the speakers of the Circuit as Liam is seen leaning on a Civic Type R with the number 7 on it. Logan is seen inside putting on his headset to communicate with Liam and speaks through it, trying to test it.

Logan: Testing testing 1 2 3. Liam check?

Liam clicks on his headset and speaks into it.

Liam: I hear you loud and clear, Logan.

Logan: Good, this equipment can be shoddy sometimes, but it usually works most of the time. Alright, here's the plan. If you can call it that. After the national anthem, practice laps will be officially starting. I want you out there after everyone.

Liam is confused as to why Logan wants him to go last and asks him a question.

Liam: Last? But you said practice laps are the most important thing. Shouldn't I be going out first?

Logan smiles and shakes his head in disagreement.

Logan: No, not this time. The number of racers your going up against is 13 that's a bit higher than we expected but I want you to go last so that the people ahead of you can lay the rubber down on the track for you. I told you about track rubber, right?

Liam: Yeah, you said as more cars race on the track, the rubber on their tires sticks to the track, making it easier to grip in daylight but harder in rain.

Logan: Exactly. See any clouds?

Liam: No, why do you ask?

Logan: That means there's no rain coming, so your tires are gonna stick better thanks to track rubber. I don't want you practicing on fresh track if it's just gonna change quickly, and everything you practiced would be for nothing. So, wait. I know you wanna get out there as quickly as possible, but racing is surprisingly patient.

Liam: Alright, Logan, I hear you.

Logan: Good, on that note, remember you're not here to win, okay? This is an exhibition round. it's just to kick off the season. Think of it as a preseason game of american football.

Liam: Alright.

The national anthem ends, and the announcer comes onto the speakers.

Announcer: Es un buen día para competir aquí en Barcelona (It's a fine day for racing here at Barcelona). El Circuit de Catalunya se complace en celebrar la prueba de exhibición de primero de la temporada 2022-2023 (Circuit de Catalunya is happy to hold the first exhibition round of the 2022-2023 season). Tenemos muchos corredores nuevos esta temporada, incluido un rey de las carreras callejeras. ¡Liam Allard! (We have many new racers this season, including a street racing king. Liam Allard!) Prepárense, damas y caballeros, la carrera comienza 30 minutos después de que los corredores hagan sus vueltas de práctica (Get ready ladies and gentlemen the race starts in 30 minutes after the racers do their practice laps).

Logan: Alright kid your up in 25 minutes. get your lap, stay sharp.

Liam: Alright, boss. I'm ready.

The different cars start to roll out pit station, with some staying behind following the same strategy Logan had in mind. Liam notices this and realizes he's fully in the big leagues now. He fixes his racing suit and prepares to go off for his practice lap as Hope and Liam's parents cheer in the stands.

* * * * *
25 minutes pass, and Liam goes off for his practice lap, while lapping, Logan speaks to Liam through the radio.

Logan: Hey buddy, get used to me being in your ear 24/7. Like usual, I'm going to name some racers you might wanna watch out for. These racers have proven themselves a problem and someone to deal with from their past records. First up, number 26.

The camera pans over to a BMW M8 race car with the number 26 and a German flag in its window. Logan's voice comes over the radio. As the camera follows the BMW M8.

Logan: Mr. Jakob Marnivich. Team BMW, obviously, his car is nothing to mess with. Lucky for you, he's not a dirty racer, but he's a damn good one. He averaged 7th place last season. I know that doesn't sound good, but it definitely is for a first year rookie. What do you think he'll show his second year?

Liam: He does have a mean car.

Logan: Second up, is number 12.

The camera snaps to a Ford Mustang race car with the number 12 as Logan talks about his also.

Logan: Team Ford. He's one of the few sophomores, you could say, in the league. 2 years racing and averages 6th place. Hardcore american and hardcore competitor.

Liam: A mustang hmm.

Logan: Lastly, the big dog. Numero 49.

The camera snaps to a Subaru WRX race car with the number 49.

Logan: Mr. Todiro Tamagachi. Team Subaru. He's the pro here. He's been racing for 3 years. Averages 5th and 4th place. His skill in the corners is so far unmatched, well, until you came along.

Liam: WRX's can slide really well thanks to their AWD.

Logan: You bet, and he loves to go sideways. Well, anyway, that's all for today. Race your heart out their Liam. That's all I can ask from you. But still, try not to sweat too much. This race isn't worth it for that, but then again, I'd love to see you try. It'd help you make a bigger mark. Alright, finish that last lap, and we'll run a diagnostics check on your car and make sure you're set.

Liam: Copy that Logan.

* * * * *
Liam finishes his practice lap and stops back at the pit station. A team of mechanics rush towards the car and quickly check every single part of the car and check it off as ready to race on a clipboard. The announcer suddenly comes back on the PA system.

Announcer: El aire está lleno de motores rugientes y alta competencia cuando la carrera está a punto de comenzar (The air is filled with roaring engines and high competition as the race is about to set off)!