Get That License

Skip Barber Racing School is seen, nestled in the picturesque countryside outside Montreal. The sprawling campus is alive with the roar of engines and the chatter of aspiring racers. Liam and Barrett stand outside the main building, excitement and anticipation coursing through them. Liam gazes around in pure awe at the great atmosphere.

Liam: Wow, this place is incredible, Barrett. I can't believe we're finally here.

Barrett grins happily for Liam. He also enjoys seeing the racing school.

Barrett: It's the first step on your journey, Liam. And I have a feeling you're going to make the most of it.

They make their way inside, greeted by the sight of sleek racing cars lined up in the garage and the sound of engines revving on the track. Liam's heart races with excitement as he takes it all in. An instructor approaches them.

Instructor: You must be Liam. Welcome to Skip Barber Racing School. I'm Jack, but you can call me Mr Tabor. I'm glad to see you're ready to begin your journey toward becoming a licensed racer.

Liam shakes the instructor's hand eagerly. His happiness spiking through the roof.

Liam: Absolutely, sir. I'm ready to learn everything I can.

Jack nods, he already likes Liam's drive.

Jack: That's the attitude we like to see. Let's get started, shall we? Follow me.

Jack beckons Liam and Barrett to follow him as he walks over to a small office where he sits in a nice office chair that has tiny model race cars strewn across the desk.

Jack: Okay. Here's the deal at this school. We'll teach you everything you need to know. However, since you are under 18, we need a guardian signature. we already got your parents, but we need a guardian's as well. I take it Barrett here is that guardian?

Liam nods

Liam: Yeah, he is, he's been teaching me the basics.

Jack: Awesome, that means you're already ahead of most students. Mr Barrett, please sign these papers, and Liam's classes will start next Monday.

Barrett nods and grabs a pen from a mug on Jack's desk. He reads the papers, understanding what it is and signs off on them, and gives it back to Jack.

Barrett: There we go. Ready Liam?

Liam smiles and is visibly excited. His dream is actually coming true. He knows that can't be said for some people.

Liam: I can't wait.

Jack: Great, I'll get these papers checked out. I'll see you in class next Monday Liam. I have a good feeling about you, Liam, and I don't usually get those about people.

* * * * *

Over the next few weeks, Liam immerses himself in the world of racing. He attends classroom sessions where he learns about racing theory, vehicle dynamics, and safety procedures. He spends hours on the track, honing his skills under the watchful eye of experienced instructors. Liam is seen getting out of a WRX race car one day and is visibly excited as he walks over to Barrett, who sits on the sidelines watching Liam practice.

Liam: Did you see that, Barrett? I nailed that corner!

Barrett smiles proudly. Liam is practically a happy kid on his birthday with how happy he is. Barrett begins to think. He knew he had a hunch on Liam, and it looks like it's paying off.

Barrett: You're a natural, Liam. Just keep pushing yourself.

* * * * *

As the days pass, Liam's confidence grows with each lap. He learns to control the car with precision, to anticipate the track ahead, to push himself to the limit. Jack is seen watching Liam practice with approval as Liam had been destroying the track records in all of their cars. He truthfully believes that Liam has been the best student Skip Barber Racing School has ever seen. It's surprising to him how such a young kid could be such a prodigy at racing.

Jack: You've got talent, Liam. With a bit more practice, you'll be ready for your racing license in no time.

Liam grins from ear to ear at Jack's words as he gets out of a Nissan GTR race car. He can't stop being so happy.

Liam: Merci (thanks), sir. I'll keep working hard.

* * * * *

Finally, the day arrives for Liam to take his racing license exam. He sits behind the wheel of a sleek Hyundai I30 N race car, his hands steady on the steering wheel, his heart pounding with anticipation.

Jack puts a hand on Liam's shoulder, noticing his nervousness, and tries to comfort him. He fully believes Liam has what it takes to successfully get his racing license.

Jack: You've got this, Liam. Just remember everything you've learned.

With a deep breath, Liam takes off onto the track, his focus laser-sharp as he navigates each turn with precision. He pushes the car to its limits, feeling the rush of adrenaline coursing through his veins. Liam is seen focusing intently as he drives around the track with perfect skills.

Liam: You can do this, Liam. Just stay focused.

As he crosses the finish line, the weight of anticipation lifts from Liam's shoulders. He knows he's done his best, and that's all he can ask for. Jack is seen approaching Liam with a big smile.

Jack: Congratulations, Liam. You passed with flying colors.

Liam beams with pride at the news.

Liam: Thank you, sir. I couldn't have done it without the support of Barrett and everyone here at Skip Barber Racing School.

Jack: You're already a damn good racer if you ask me. I know you'll make it to the big leagues. Invite me to your first contract signing, will ya?

Liam nods as Jack walks off. With his racing license in hand, Liam feels a sense of accomplishment unlike anything he's ever experienced. He knows that this is just the beginning of his journey, and he's ready to take on whatever challenges come his way. Barrett is seen next to him and slaps Liam on the back playfully with a big smile.

Barrett: I knew you had it in you, kid. Now let's go celebrate!

As they walk away from Skip Barber Racing School, Liam's heart is filled with excitement and determination. He knows that the road ahead won't be easy, but with his newfound skills and the support of his friends and mentors, he's ready to chase his dreams with everything he's got.