Building A New Connection

Liam is seen at the car wash drying off a car when he sees Hope and changes his sad face to a smile at Hope's company. He's been really liking Hope's company, she's one of the very few girls who really gets him and shares his crazy love for cars. Liam looks at Hope's Stinger GT and smiles.

Liam: Hé (hey), Hope. I didn't expect to see you so soon again, your car looks clean. What's up?

Hope gets out of her car, smiling and chewing on gum before speaking.

Hope: Eh, I just came here to talk. I was bored so.

Liam chuckles

Liam: Bored? Vraiment (really)?

Hope: Yes, really, hehe. You seem down though what happened?

Liam loses his smile and looks down.

Liam: Agh, my mère et père(my mom and dad) got mad at me last night for going out to the race. We fell into a whole argument, and I stormed off.

Hope looks shocked.

Hope: Jeez, je suis désolé (I'm sorry). I'm sure they'll come around, though. I get what they're doing, though, but don't worry, Liam. You're not alone in that boat. So many racers deal with the same thing it's a sad reality, really. But, everything gets better it always does. Especially when you got the right people around you, hehe.

Liam looks at Hope and smiles

Liam: Like you?

Hope nods in response to Liams question.

Hope: Yeah, like me. We street scene people are always there for each other. However, I still do care about you, somewhat, friend to friend. Hehe. So I understand what your parents are doing, they just don't wanna see you get hurt, I don't blame em. Street racing is dangerous, and I, too, wouldn't want to see you get hurt as well.

Liam smiles and speaks softly to Hope.

Liam: Merci (thanks) Hope. It means a lot.

Hope smiles back and replies gleefully.

Hope: Anytime, Liam. nous sommes comme une équipe toi et moi (we are like a team you and me). Hehe.

Liam: I guess we are kind of a team, hehe.

Liam and Hope stand silent for a second, looking at each other smiling. Before it starts to get weird, Hope begins to speak again.

Hope: Oh yeah, d'ailleurs (besides). There's another street race coming up. That brings me to the real reason I came to talk to you.

Liam gets curious.

Liam: Quoi (what)? Why?

Hope smirks

Hope: Well, there's this thing in the street scene where newcomers are usually challenged to race one day. And, I'm sure you know where I'm going with this...

Liam smiles and gets excited

Liam: They want me to race? No way!

Liam gets excited but then gets nervous

Liam: But, wait. What if I suck? What if I lose?

Hope giggles

Hope: Hehe, no Liam, you won't lose it's just a lap by yourself. They wanna see what you and that Veloster N are capable of. KDM cars are rare here in Montreal.

Liam: My car's not KDM.

Hope: Well, yeah, but it's Korean. Whatever, you know what I mean, hehe.

Liam: But why?

Hope: Like I said, they wanna see you drive. Like really DRIVE.

Liam scratches his head nervously.

Liam: But-

Hope: Don't worry. Me and Barrett will be there with you supporting you.

Liam: That's better, I guess. But, wait, you know Barrett?

Hope: Yeah, I know him pretty well. Most people do, he is THE "Barrett Sniper."

Liam: How do you know him? You're not like....

Hope gets confused

Hope: Que veux-tu dire (what do you mean)?

Liam is too nervous to ask, so he decides to use his hands to tell Hope, and he pushes his pointer fingertips together.

Hope seems confused at first but then laughs out loud.

Hope: Pssshhhh! Hahaha. No. We're not together, Liam. Hehe. You're funny.

Liam slightly blushes, but it's not noticeable. He's never had much luck with girls in his life due to his nerdy lifestyle, but this time, he does have someone who understands him more than any girl he's ever met.

Hope: God no. Hehe. He's just a really respected racer in the street scene, and I was someone who decided to get to really know him and get to his brain. I gotta see why he's such a good racer, so maybe I could apply that myself. Hehe.

Liam gets surprised

Liam: You race?

Hope: Barely, but when I do, I usually win. I'm not crazy on the racing side. I'm more on the community side of the street scene. It's just that the street scene is so amazing. People of all ages are really connecting on something that many don't really think about much. It's really special and I really don't wanna lose that...that...sense of community you know what I mean? It's hard to find things like that these days. With all that's going on in the world. The street scene is kinda like a safe spot for me and.....

Hope pauses herself, realizing she's opening up a bit too much here and starts to get nervous.

Hope: Um...it's just...uh...I could go on for days but, end of the story, don't worry about your lap. You have people with you. Including me. Bien (good)? ça sonne bien (it sounds good)?

Liam smiles at Hope again

Liam: Yeah, it sounds good. Thanks. And d'ailleurs (besides), I actually like how you opened up. It means that you feel comfortable around me. au moins (at least), that's what my mom says hehe.

Hope blushes a bit and gets slightly flustered but rubs it off.

Hope: I suppose, your....welcome...hehe

Liam and Hope laugh together and have another slight moment of silence as they look at each other.

Hope: Well, um. I should get going, my
papa (dad) might be getting worried. Um, I'll see you at that race, Liam. I recommend you practice for it. Really show them what you're capable of behind the wheel. Alright?

Liam nods

Hope: Great, I'll see you then. au revoir (goodbye).

Hope gets in her Stinger GT and drives off while waving at Liam, who feels even more attracted to her than before. She really gets him. And he'd like her to always be there...